Does osteoporosis cause pain?

Posted , 12 users are following.

My doctor said my back pains are not from the osteoporosis. She said after one shatters or breaks their bone, then it will really hurt.

I saw on a post someone said osteoporosis is painful. What does that mean?

And if they only test a few areas with Dexa scan, should one get a scan of the rest of the spine or is it assumed it's all the way up? 

My Physical Therapist asked where my osteo is so he knows I guess to avoid certain things???? Before I got scan another therapist popped my back and neck, so I'm thinking he shouldn't do that, yikes. 

2 likes, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it difo is sore i broke 3 bones in my back am 36 and done this wile sleeping my bones are like 3 .92 does any 1 no how bad that is cause they didnt say much am in pain everyday i ly 24 hours a day stopped eating and this was in jan could any1 gave me adviced cause am not getting much from the doctors thank u 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.