Does Spiriva respimat cause side effects

Posted , 8 users are following.

I havent actually been diagnosed with COPD but i did a spirometry test at the doctors and because i could not complete the 3rd blow successfully they couldnt give me a proper diagnosis. I am very confused because chest x-rays shows signs of early emphasema and i just cant stop the fags. I have been prescribed Spiriva respimat and a rescue inhaler as i do get breathless but months ago i did try the spiriva and i thought i was getting side effects from this. To be honest i have a lot of medical problems and i seem to not be able to tolerate many pills etc as im a person who was an Alcoholic for many years and since being dry for 9 years now i hate anything that makes my head feel fuzzy. I have the Spiriva sitting in my cupboard and i think i should give it a try again as i know my smoking is causing problems. Everytime i go to see any doctor they read my notes and always say copd but no one has told me if i have or dont have it. The spiriva was prescribed to help keep my lungs open.

Please can anyone give me advice on spiriva Respimat and is it any good or does it cause side effects. Thanks Mandie

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

mandy 4711 just think trying to wait if works just 1 fag less in a day over time you could be cutting down and not notice it to much try please you will find it a help. now remember a little can go a long why good luck once again

• Posted

Hello Mandy, I'm Lisa from USA. Diagnosed in 2014 with COPD & emphysema.

I have not noticed any side effects from Spiriva.image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.