Does the Buck stop here ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a C.T. scan which showed up a ""MARK"" on my lungs . Not what was being looked for, pure accident it showed up The consultant duly 

informed my G.P, and said he was told by the consultant that a chest

Xray might be a good idea Off I went ,had the Xray ,heard nothing from anyone about it  Went to see My G.P about 3 months later and 

remembered to ask about the out come of said Xray .

The answer was. That they couldn't see anything, because the "mark "

was hidden behind the liver  !!!!!! No suggestion that another means of seeing around, or through the liver, in an attempt to find out what it was

End of conversation .Next patient . So I am now the owner of an unknown mark , lump, scar, whatever, and no offers of help to find out what it is.  Help needed on how to move forward  with this. 

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

On the plus side for the medical profession, I can see your charm bypass turned out a thunderous success.
    • Posted

Hey !!!! youv'e  been peeking through my  "notes""You are obviously

alllllllll Heart.

• Posted

Heh heh .you're all right jacqueline.

would put in a sunny face but I'm too stupit' to know how to do it.

• Posted

If,,BIG if, you are  ""stupit"" how do you  know there is a sunny face??

Directions are as follws---4 squares top right hand .press the third one

Then pick and press. That will be one thing less that you are able to do

Yours in anticipation    rolleyes

• Posted

hi jacqueline

Noop

can't find what you mean by four squares.

I'm using vista so maybe it's not on that.

anyhoo's

Orrabest to you

stay strong

pete

• Posted

Hello you,  Translation needed for Orrabest

could be a slurred "all the  best" or

horriblest  Or

Bye Bye   cry eek  cheesygrin  question 

• Posted

it's glaswegian (or weejie as glaswegians are known) for all the best.

it's common for folk to say this as an au revoir

e.g. they also say wearrapeople - this is not little arrow people - this is we are the people

so

orrabest and stay strong.

x

• Posted

hey I recognise that vernacular "Chuck"- manchester right - I love manchester.

I remember the busby babes.

What a team! As great as real madrid or anybody else. they were special . Celtic were the first team in britain to win the premier european trophy but we remember the manchester team - the true heirs to european glory - duncan edwards (what a player = also unfortunanely known as the hammer of the scots - but hey ho - greatness is greatness)

Northern english - anybody above watford basically - is okay by us. Unfortunately we don't like anybody below that line , too toffy nosed.

I am voting to stay in the UK, we went through = wales england n.i. and scotland together - two terrible wars, we have earned our cameraderie through dire times.

Sorry to get expansive just want you to know all our scottish neighbours and friends are voting to stay within the uk in september.

Unfortunately a quarter of scots have lost their minds and look to some mystic past for their iidentity, most of us north of the border do not feel like that one bit

• Posted

Strewth Peter, yyou are in the WRONG county,  It's Yorkshire ""me duck" My best friend's mother moved up near you, into some obscure rural bit.

Nearly dropped off at the footie bit, but hey, I' m the same about horses NOT racing.

Did a roaming trip around the west coast with ma and my dog   a few years ago just found country roads and followed them .

Another friend bought the only shop on the isle of Jura  which he said was heavy with midges and deer . 

Och  !! you have shattered my image of you .I thought of you as a kilt and sword man ,because your posts initially were a bit fiercefrown

We think the same  about south of Watford I put it down to their

inability to string more than two words together 

My rep is that if t moves I will talk to it, which ,If I'm honest is true.

I even do it on paper  !!cheesygrin

It's pouring down, and it's time for brekkie J ,

• Posted

no not a Braveheart, me.

I'm as fierce as a Smerf in carpet slippers.

I thought your earlier posts were quietely argumentative

e.g

I opined that doctors were amazing people

you replied by lifting my own words:

"These amazing people" Naughty no?

another e.g.

you comence with what sounds like a reproach"This has got intense"

I read "Pete, you are not behaving properly, you are a disproportionate person"

another e.g.

You return to enforce your original point"Hence my my question: Where does the buck stop"

I read this direction as "Pete your points are rubbish, you are too dim to get what I have been saying, my original point has gone over your head "

So yes I did become a bit combatitive. I was sorry while writing it but at the same time it was good to have a benign enough intellectual clash

I no doubt have written lots of drivel myself. But I was honestly trying to help and empathise.

Yes I was now.

Oh the joys of keyboard jungle.

Sorry about getting your shire wrong, I had a colleague at work who used to put her fist in the air and declare "Home rule for Yorkshire"

We became great mates for twenty five years.

Still are.

So I just told you above why I responded the "fierce " way I did, but a lot of that is due to the reader misreading the author's intentions.

Probably touches on some deep fear of feeling exposed as stupid in public on my part maybe.

But your tone was a bit strident there for a bit. Come on, wee smile, admit it.

Bet you want to run me over in your horse now.

(there is a smiley face in all of that above , but I guess I'm a technophobe)

• Posted

I need to have a serious chat to you. but busy , will get back ,soon, as

By the way ""you are awful. But I like You ""

Now ,where have I heard that before ???

• Posted

Right, here I am, I find your answers to me are a tad complex. can't

quite see why you put different interpretations on what I say  It does make me wonder if I am , as my aunt would say "a bit of a gob"" I just need answers to things that hit blank walls, hence the Buck thing.

going to be boring from now on, then you will  yawn, yawn .

Thought about it, can't do that , so ,join in you are not in public,

seems as though you and I are the only interested buckers!!!!!

I was going to ask you what happens when the "buck" is not moving

at all, I find that equally frustrating. So many people, yet no-one

I can put a name to , shadows on the wall with no voices. and worse

still, no ears. A grain of sand on the medical  conveyor belt arrow

Now, have you had a good footie day???

I don't understand why you can't  get any smiliesexclaim 

• Posted

There is no football at all today. I am in mourning for the passing of the World Cup. It was great. I will say no more.

Except football changes things in the world. For example. One of my neighbours has changed the name of their dog from Misty to Suarez.

I swear it has developed a menacing bling to its teeth ever since.

Serious though about you putting your thoughts down formally on a complaints sheet or whatever about your disaffection with the medical conveyer belt and presenting it to the shadows as food for thought. Maybe they will step out of the dark and assume the light. Hell - you never know, right?

you had an aunt who liked to earth you, you say. My old man used to routinely inform the schoolboy me that I was a "handless footless bugger who didn't know the difference between fun and cheek. " He was great though, but haunless' I definately am. I made a wooden boat at joinery class at school , it looked good, it had a painted blue funnel with a red stripe. He actually looked impressed so I put it in the bath and it immediately turned over on its side and promptly sank on me. With a dirty big plop I have remembered for the forty years. Seems I had driven so many damn nails into the thing it just couldn't take it any more.

Don't know where the followers to the site have gone, maybe we have went a bit off piste at that.

• Posted

Black tie job?? So you and I have both had a boring day, and a re=run 

termorrerr. 

The followers probably got lost in the diversity ,and moved to  less testing forums. I find that folks lack staying power and interest rapidly.

I never had the pleasure of a dad he died when I was 6 months old.

so that's why I get a little over zealous, having to stand on my own 

2 tootsies  You obviously have been scarred for life with your father's

bad comments Don't suppose he showed you how to do it properlysad

Iv'e done the letter writing to surgeons who have been careless with my body.The letters marked ""private "" are in my notes for anyone and 

everyone to read ,with a likely sticker to tell following doctors etc

to be aware.that I am trouble.

I do write letters if I have been trod upon, From  CE;s to directors and downwards, working on the principle that they are all the same holding

a toilet roll

Smurfs are blue with blonde sticky up hair Right??  cheesygrin 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.