Does this look like lichen sclerosus? Pictures

Posted , 39 users are following.

I posted in another forum and someone suggested I ask here. I've been feeling uncomfortable and when I looked, I noticed these white bumps in different parts of my vulva. I've noticed some before but they seem to be more pronounced and in more places. I also seem to be much dryer than usual.

Does this look like lichen sclerosus to those that have it? I can't see a doctor until the end of May and I'm very anxious about this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've just had a biopsy done and are waiting for results must say that looks like it to me but I have red patches as well try not to worry about it

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I'll try not to worry. Hopefully you'll have answers soon. I should mention that there are areas that are red too but they don't seem to be exactly where there are more spots. I should have mentioned that too but those areas didn't look as concerning to me.

• Posted

Have you seen anyone about this yet I would get it checked
    • Posted

I have an appointment scheduled but I'm trying to get something sooner.

• Posted

Please could you tell me what the doc said? I have something very similar and I am worried. X 
    • Posted

I will add comments as to the results of my biopsy when I hear back from my doctor.  I wouldn't worry about it, tho.  If it hurts or itches, soak in warm water with baking soda, should help.  You should go see your doctor also.  

• Posted

I have those same spots as eb has on my labia but its also very red is this what you have ? 
  • Posted

It could also be skin changes due to irritation of some kind from any products to me it doesn't look like LS.  It's amazing how shocked we are when we don't look there until something is itchy or doesn't feel right.  It could be allergy as well.  Just trying to reassure you as worry seems to make all these things worse.  It doesn't look red or sore though something a lot of us with LS have as well as the white areas.

• Posted

Thanks for the input. I appreciate your reassurance. Worrying is unfortunately something I'm good at and it certainly doesn't help anything.

I failed to mention there are some spots that are red but they didn't look as concerning to me. Its not sore really. I feel like bothersome is more like it.

• Posted

I have the red spots mine is from atrophy due to menopause so maybe it's the same.  petechia is something we can get with LS its internal bleeding just under the top layer of skin x

• Posted

I have something similar. Did you get to find out what it was?
  • Posted

I'm also experiencing something very similar. Have you received any answers?

• Posted

I have a patch of this on my right side near the opening.   My doctor said it's called Fordyce Spots.   

• Posted

Did you find out what it was ? I have exactly this.
  • Posted

I've been experiencing the same thing for some time now.  The area also gets red and sometimes itchy, and sometimes it bleeds. For relief, I add some baking soda to warm water (as hot as I can stand) either in the tub or in a tall pitcher and pour over the infected area.  I also add "Clobetasol Ointment" to the area.  I just had a biopsy today; results in a few weeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.