Does this look like lichen sclerosus? Pictures

Posted , 39 users are following.

I posted in another forum and someone suggested I ask here. I've been feeling uncomfortable and when I looked, I noticed these white bumps in different parts of my vulva. I've noticed some before but they seem to be more pronounced and in more places. I also seem to be much dryer than usual.

Does this look like lichen sclerosus to those that have it? I can't see a doctor until the end of May and I'm very anxious about this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have same thing but red irritaed base with thise same white dots on skin. Please keep posted 
    • Posted

Hi I am wondering did you ever find out what was wrong.. I am with same with a red irritated base ? 
    • Posted

Yes, I was diagnosed with having Lichen Schlorsis (not sure how to spell).  Can't be cured, not contagious; is itchy at times, and painful (and sometimes bleed) when having sex.  I used Clobetosol (buy at Costco pharmacy).   It seems to help.  I used to sometimes (when it was real bad) put some baking soda in hot water (or as hot as I could stand) and pour over the infected area; felt good! 

• Posted

I used on a regular basis Clobetasol (buy from Costco pharmacy) in the effected area. 
  • Posted

I hope you received an answer about this already.  Yes, it does look like Lichen sclerosus.  I had a biopsy in December 2017, and it was diagnosed as Lichen Scherosus.  It's not contagious; no cure.  I've been using clobetosol ointment, and this seems to have helped. 

• Posted

Did you end up getting any results???

I have the exact same thing only it covers a larger area 

• Posted

I have something that looks like what you have/had. Since this was long ago do you remember what your doctor said?
  • Posted

Mine is like this too and I haven't been able to wear jeans in over a year now bc of how horrible it feels. I hope you get some answers soon and please let us know what they are doing to treat you. Good luck I'm sorry you have to deal with this. sad

• Posted

You might to get the clobetosol ointment.  This seems to take care of the problem, for a while, then you have to use it again when it returns; no cure!  You can get a prescription from your doctor, and can buy it at Costco for a lot cheaper ($30+).  

• Posted

Hi I was wondering if you ever found out if you have LS because I had the same symptoms but I’m 53 and going to menopause they blame everything on menopause and it’s scary I just want to make sure that you know I don’t have cancer or something 
  • Posted

Hello Ladies! 

I am experiencing severe itching around the area where we grow hair, it’s NOT crabs . It feels like a dermatology issue though. What does this sound like to you? I’m gonna request a biopsy 

Thank You

• Posted

Hello,

It looks very similar to Fordyce spots, which are commonly found around the labia and on the penis. They are completely harmless. However, If they are itchy and causing you pain then i’d get them checked.

I have many fordyce spots around the same area and they have never bothered me or caused any discomfort, they are not contagious, they are just blocked oil glands which is harmless.  There can be loads of just a few, its not clear why some people develop more than others.

I’m not a doctor or anything😂 Just had these for years so know alot about fordyce spots. But If they are causing you pain theres no harm getting them checked.

Let me know what the doctor says!!!!

• Posted

im under the age of 20 is it normal to have this like the image i have no itching or anything and i think its what your talking about and im a virgin ?

• Posted

same but im 14 1/2

• Posted

I also have this. Does includes as STD?
    • Posted

No, this is not an STD and can’t be passed on to your partner. It can also occur in men. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.