Does this look like LS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So it has been a few weeks now that I am experiencing itching along the outside of my labia majora. When I take a look it looks as though i have an inflamed line going down the labia. It fluctuates day by day. Some days its less inflamed and doesnt itch and some days it itches very bad. This has been going on for about a month now. It isnt a yeast infection. I have seen 3 doctors who have all said it isnt LS and is probably contact dermatitis. However, i have always been sensitive down there and i dont use any products, am careful with detergent and wear cotton underwear. My soctor perscribed a 1% steroid cream but it doesnt help much. I am attaching some pictures. I dont have the classic white skin (my skin just appears glossy from the cream i put on). Thinking of asking for a biopsy, any ideas? imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

doesnt look like typical LS from these photos but LS presents in many different ways so im not saying it definity cant be ruled out. even biopsy cant 100% confirm in some cases but me and my friend both had very sinilar symptoms and her biospy conformed a type of eczema and mine confirmed LS and so required different treatments. i have white patches but not a lot, i have seen much worse so that also varies. i would keep pushing for further investigation. it took me about 4 months of going to the GP back and forth before i finally got to see the right person xx

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. What were your initial symptoms?

• Posted

i thought i had thrush! itching, burning, inflammation

i didnt notice any changes in my skin, a dermatologist noticed them and carried out my biopsy xx

• Posted

So you have some white areas on your skin before they did the biopsy? I saw two dermatologists who said the skin is not white and if I had it there would be skin changes in the early weeks.

• Posted

yeah i had some white areas but i coildnt see them, only the dermatologist saw them and took a biopsy from that area. lots of doctors and a sexual health doctor didnt recognise it! its notorioisly hard to diagnose!

• Posted

LS is hard to diagnose , a lot of doctors do not know what it looks like because it presents differently on almost everyone. You should request a biopsy, that's the only way you will know for sure.

Castor oil may help with the itching. Black Seed oil may help a lot with the inflammation. Be very careful with the steroid cream.

Also soaking in baking soda bath will give temp. relief.

• Posted

Definitely get a biopsy I find paw paw ointment helps with the burning itchiness. And it keeps the area moist

• Posted

I dont have any white patches but I do have LS confirmed by biopsy. So it could be LS get a biopsy done then hopefully you will get the correct treatment. I had ictching and i was sore also had some raw patches. Hope this helps

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I plan on requesting a biopsy at my next appointment. Were your itching and raw patches persistant? Or did you have days when they would go away? Mine seems to be yoyoing.

• Posted

some days were worse than others, LS is an autoimmune disease so it tends to have flare ups mine is worse when I drink alcohol

• Posted

My white patches on my labia and I get hot burning around my anal area. I have flare ups sore painful areas on tips of my labia or around my vaginal entrance. There's no pattern to the timing of flare ups. Last year it seemed to be constant . Alot of times its painful when I have sex sometime very painful and sometimes just at the beginning. Or it's painful 3 or 4 days after when I pee. We use to have sex nearly every day now it's one day on 4 days break to get over the pain. This condition sucks

• Posted

Your flare was constant even with treatment you mean?

Also did your painful areas look like mine? Mine is a painful line in the labia fold only on one side.

• Posted

if you have a painful line , you are in danger of having your labia fused. You should use a moisturizer such as the Black seed oil to help. Once the labia fuses it can only be reversed by surgery.

• Posted

The line goes back to normal and then swells back up every couple of days. It isn't painful, only itchy at times. I see my doctor tomorrow and a dermatologist friday so I will ask for a biopsy. They dont think its LS because it came out of nowhere and wasnt gradual. I still want a biopsy for peace of mind. Is a swollen line something you see often with LS?

• Posted

With LS symptoms can be different with everyone. The itching is one thing that seems to be constant. In my case if I rub the area too much because of itching then I've caused increased pain. i

• Posted

my itching isn't constant. It doesnt itch at night or if i am sitting down. It only seems to bother me as I walk because the irritated area gets friction. I have managed not to scratch lately. I guess only a biopsy will tell. I am hoping it comes back negative because I am only 27 and just had a baby, but its better to know and treat then not know. Thank you for taking the time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.