Does this look like LS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So it has been a few weeks now that I am experiencing itching along the outside of my labia majora. When I take a look it looks as though i have an inflamed line going down the labia. It fluctuates day by day. Some days its less inflamed and doesnt itch and some days it itches very bad. This has been going on for about a month now. It isnt a yeast infection. I have seen 3 doctors who have all said it isnt LS and is probably contact dermatitis. However, i have always been sensitive down there and i dont use any products, am careful with detergent and wear cotton underwear. My soctor perscribed a 1% steroid cream but it doesnt help much. I am attaching some pictures. I dont have the classic white skin (my skin just appears glossy from the cream i put on). Thinking of asking for a biopsy, any ideas? imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well if it is bilateral and and itching and if it starts between the labia minora and labia majora, then sure... it most likely is LS.

Remember over 8% of the women actually get it during their life so it is quite common.

See dermatologist and see if they will let you try corticoid therapy and also be happy that it is not very and too itchy because some women can't bear it and it is soo itchy they have to eventually cut out their vulva.

I'm a medical student so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.