Does this sound like lyme?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Well I would like to say i haven't actually been diagnosed with lyme, although i really do think my Dr is leaning towards it.

Chronic constipation starting in October 2013 (bowel movements have not been the same since)

Root canal in November

Pregnancy in December( Started to feel spaced out, sort of like a drunk feeling/sensitivity to artificial lighting)

Miscarried after only 2 weeks, and felt ok for 3 weeks, and then randomly one day the spaced out/drunk feeling/artificial lighting sensitivity came back and has been constant since January (8 months)

I saw a gastro in February who found yeast overgrowth in my stool. He gave me nystatin, and my symptoms never changed. Started researching yeast, and was certain it was causing my issues. I went on a strict diet, and found a doctor who put me on nystatin/diflucan for a month, and i had no relief in symptoms.

Things i have tested for:

Thyroid-Fine

Diabetes-Negative (Although blood sugar slightly out of range)

General blood testing- Ok (neutrophils that fight bacteria 2 points out of range at last blood test), overall white blood count within range

CT head scan-Normal

Food allergy testing shows no allergies

Doctor has tried (Metronidazole)Makes symptoms 10x worse

Nystatin and diflucan make symptoms feel 10x worse

GP a while ago said i had a sinus infection. I had some post nasal drip and my nose runs a bit), so she gave me ceftin- This also made my symptoms feel 10x worse.

Western Blot for lyme-Negative

Symptoms

Constant drunk/high feeling

Lack of focus/ Poor memory

Loss of libido

Bouts of fatigue

Light sensitivity (Not so bad outside in natural light, much worse with indoor lighting) It feels like when you first wake up and turn a lamp on, but my eyes never adjust to the light, and it is constant.

Sound sensitivity

Head pressure around temples and eyes pressure sometimes

Stabbing sensations sometimes at temples

Undigested food in stools

Hard pellet stools/ mucus in stools

Carbs/Sugar/Caffeine make drunk feeling worse

Random itching over skin but with no rash

Heavy feeling eyes/Sometimes feel very sleepy after food

Feel at best first thing in the morning

Sneezing/runny nose

Post nasal drip (constant feeling of build up in throat)

Sore tip of tongue, sometimes middle/back area of tongue slightly white coated

Itchy anus/itching inside ears/nose

Chronic vaginal yeast infections/vaginal itching

Acid Reflux

Heartburn

Cold hands and feet sometimes

Tingling in hands and feet

Stabbing sensations over body

Recently chronic sore throat- Hurts to swallow/Swollen lymph nodes in neck

Recently doctor told me i have a heart murmur

Had a food sensitivity test that showed no food sensitivities, but a high IgE

Random body twitching all over. (in eyes, stomach, back, legs, and feet)

Urgency/frequency of urination- Saw urologist who saw no infection present, and did a cystoscopy which showed no issues with the bladder. Urologist suspects possible chronic cystitis

Stiff feeling hands

Back pain middle/lower area- stabbing sensations sometimes

Nausea sometimes

Tummy pain/bloating sometimes

Chest pain sometimes

Extremely achy neck most of the time

Motion sickness I never had before this started

Random vertigo, especially when tilting head

Positive test for Epstein Barr Virus

I want to have hope, but I am losing it rapidly. They did an ultrasound of my abdomen and found I have gallstones. The doctor called me and also said I have enlarged liver which really scared me, because I know enlarged liver can cause some threatening complications. I am only 25, and I feel helpless.

These past few weeks i have also had this weird sensation in my legs which is hard to explain. It is in the calf muscles. Stabbing sensations, pain, tingling, and sometimes it even feels like my legs are heavy and shaky to walk on. Cancer runs in my family, and this worries me so much also with these weird sensations. I even worry about ALS. Needless to say, whatever illness i have makes me very anxious, and i never had anxiety problems before it all started.

I see my Dr in 2 weeks to discuss results, although they called me yesterday to tell me my ANA and RA tests were negative, my cd57 was 64, and my ATP was 19. I am not really sure what any of this means, but i guess we will discuss next time. Anyone have an idea? I spend most of my days just crying, praying that i don't die, because i honestly feel like i am dying.

Sorry this post is so long, i just had to include everything.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Could be as with Lyme affects people in so many waY's. Even though I had a positive test in 2009 I had to pay for private treatment. I had to sell my house to pay for it and ended up homeless. I was bitten on the arm in 2008 very ill few days later and rash on arm. Saw Dr right away who refused to treat me and wanted blood test. After six weeks they phoned lab and gave me 2weeks doxycycline. Then few months later paralysis left side shooting pains all over body worse in mornings though. Severe depression sensitive to light excruciating headaches vomiting it had crossed my brain barrier. Have not worked since. As for PIP took me 7years only got medical and PIP as I have been diagnosed with Aspergers. Lyme mimics autism Aspergers and so many other things. As Aspergers cases depression and comes under the mental health act 2010 that is unfortunately the route I had to take. On my notes the Dr had put I was a neurotic reactive depressive type which they removed after I insisted they did. Big botch up on their part due to their ignorance. I got tick bite from dogs covered in them and they were ill. I have asked my neighbour to keep her dog away from me just got verbal abuse. Her dog does not get ticks!! I give out lots of leaflets to raise awareness. If I can help one person not get bitten so be it. Horrendous debilitating disease and NHS so ignorant. I worked as Dental Nurse for years with NHS so know what it is like. Aaargh. So yes probably is as very much clinical diagnosis and blood tests so unreliable. Hope this is helpful. Mary Scotland

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms did you get any diagnosis???
  • Posted

Did you find what the cause of your issues was? 

I have 100% the same symptoms, being treated for lyme seems to help a bit, and then I discovered another cause was intestinal parasites, I write it here because no one (especially doctors) think of that - I thought parasites were only a developing countries issue (except that I always ate a lot of sushi) and then I discovered that were was a whole bunch of people with the same problem (and I saw some "guests" in the toilet). 

Anyway, I also sometimes, especially after overexerting myself, feel like am dying, 

and I hope that these new therapies start working soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.