Don't be like Ruth

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi hippies. I haven't done much original posting but here goes.

Had anterior RTHP on 2/7/17 (in the US because there are differences). Was walking unaided by the end of the first week. No narcotic pain pills. Had no restrictions for sleeping, leg crossing etc. Did 5 weeks (10 sessions) of formal PT. At 6 week checkup was cleared to drive, swing a golf club, walk dogs, on an on. Felt great!!

Then I got bored with my home PT exercises & only did them maybe once a week. Mind you, I'm gardening, walking dogs & me 3 miles a day. So I figure I'm moving, it's all good.

NOT! By week 9 I'm having pain/discomfort on my first 4-5 steps. Ugh!!

I see my surgeon next week for 12 week checkup & I'm back to doing my PT exercises before he chews me out😂.

So my point, to those especially that are behind me in recovery, do your exercises, & elevate & ice your hip. Don't be like Ruth, be better than Ruth!

Happy recovery hippies!

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ruth,

Wow, your post has perfect timing (for me).  My last PT visit is in a couple hours and like you I might have thought well I'm back to doing "regular" stuff no need to do "those" exercises any more.  NOW I have a note to ask her how long and how often.

See, there is something new to learn every day in this forum.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Kebra, as someone else said the recovery & exercises are mind dumbing but keep doing them!! Good luck today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.