Don't feel myself?

Posted , 90 users are following.

I'm so worried, I just do not feel like me, like I don't even know how to explain it it's the worst feeling I've ever seemed to experience, I just feel empty or as though I'm just in the back of my mind or something?! I'm getting so frustrated because I can't put it into words, I feel like I am living in the back of my head where nothing feels right about myself, I feel like I'm in a dream world, I'm losing hope I really am scared I can't forget about it because it's always there I just feel completely different about myself and it's upsetting me because I feel like I don't know my family or anyone I've ever knew but I know I love them so much?! what is this?? Am i actually going insane?!

6 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I just came across your discussion and had to make an account to tell you this. What you're experiencing is derealization, or dissociation. Depersonalization and derealization are actually more common then you would think. I have them and it sucks! Depersonalization is where everything looks and feels like you're in a dream and everything just isn't real. Derealization is when you look at someone or something you know and its almost like you haven't seen them or your thoughts aren't real, you aren't real. There are alot of other details but I suggest you see a doctor and maybe they can tell you what to do or if you should see a psychiatrist. Oh and YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! I know it feels like it but you aren't, I have been dealing with it for 3 years. Anyways, I wish you all luck! Stay strong!
    • Posted

Hi, I was reading all of these posts and feel the exact same things! I feel like I look at myself and others and I don't know who they are, even though I know exactly who they are. It is so hard to explain. My biggest concern going through this is with my boyfriend. I have been dating him for 4 years. I know exactly who he is but when I talk to him or see him I feel like I don't recognize him. I know Im not just "falling out of love" with him because I look at my mom and feel like I don't recognize who she is too. I think maybe it's just more strong with him because he is such a major part of my life so it's really hard for me to feel this disconnection from him. I'm so scared, I don't want to feel like this forever. Can anyone relate to this?
    • Posted

i feel the same and idk what to do, what did u do? im so worried
    • Posted

Hi i was looking at this page for help and then i came across your message and i have never ever heard something like you said. I have EXACTLY the same problem and i really wanted to ask you if you could maybe help me. I have this for 3 years now 4 years now and nobody could describe what i feel. Thank you.
    • Posted

Hi thank you for this information; I am also feeling this on and off for 40 years like i sometimes cannot feel myself, and not always feel like myself.

I do know this is connected to my trauma i experienced as a child and young adult - At times in my life i felt connected to myself; by exploring art, design, drawing and colour etc.. this then faded away. Recently i felt myself  in a Gong sound bath on a retreat and in Mykonos this summer; the island, the sun, sea the light was incredibly calming, relaxing and peaceful.

• Posted

When I read this, I thought I was reading words right out of my mind. I constantly don't feel like myself and I feel like I'm dreaming or sometimes I feel like life is just in my head. It's hard to explain but it's a constant fear of going insane because you feel different. I know how you feel and it's beyond scary. You are not going insane or crazy- know that. People who are actually insane don't think "Oh I could be crazy". That advice helped me when I think I'm going insane. I wish you the best because truth be told, anxiety is truly horrible.
    • Posted

Heh, reminds me of, "Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore, I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?"

• Posted

You know there's certain times in my life this occurs its a dreadful feeling but one that typically passes especially when I put my mind on other things...sounds simple sense the way you described it your lost in the back of your mind. The body is an amazing temple filled with tools that most of us never reach into...the body is telling you something isn't right or somethings amiss. Regardless pain is temporary it may take a day a week or even a year to overcome. But this is something mental you really must find the underlyining cause of this effect. Permanent? Doubt it. Figure out with the help of friends family or even with the aid of a trusted professional to help guide you threw this and I assure you as time goes on you will find peace of mind.
  • Posted

I feel the same problem. I feel so irritated , empty from inside. I just can't feel myself. I feel like I am living after coma
    • Posted

me too I hate it so much I feel like I'm not really here sad
    • Posted

Both message me!! You really can overcome it!! xx

• Posted

Hi Tanya. I have an important  question for you. My girlfriend of 9 months now has anxiety and sometimes tells me that she doesn't feel like herself. She says she feels like she's going insane. I stay up all night sometimes looking for ways to help her and how to be as supportive and loving as possible. Nothing makes me happier than being able to take care of her and love her. Is there anything I can say or do to make her feel like herself again? I'll do anything for her

• Posted

Me too! I feel the same way, all your problems I feel the same way. But I have come to a conclusion. Do you want to try and email or text or talk to me on the phone or such? Because I think I've finally found hope. So you know you can talk to me, I feel(elt) unlike me anymore. For instance, I didn't react to the same problems the same way I used to and I would be constantly thinking stupid things like I dont konw if these are my thoughts or someone else, and I'm like am I mental or somehting? We should talk :-)
    • Posted

Hey my name is Dillon im currently going thru the same thing we should talk
    • Posted

Hi I am feeling everything you said I was wondering you said you have a conclusion to this can you share please!! I feel like I'm going nuts

• Posted

I would like to know more about how you overcame this, please
    • Posted

I know you posted a year ago, but I was wondering if you're still available to give out your advice? I'm willing to try anything :'(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.