Don't know what to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

I've only been on sertraline a week, 50mg . I feel so anxious and tearful, driving home today I just burst into tears as I'm sick of being the me I am now. A few years ago I was on paroxetine which suited me, my doctor said he would rather I try sertraline this time as its gentler and paroxetine isn't prescribed as much now as withdrawals can be so bad. Now paroxetine did work for me, but I'm taking my doctors advice and trying the sertraline and I will persevere for the next 3weeks till I see him again. I just feel so fed up of myself and don't know how to move forwards.

Sorry for moaning but this anxiety and OCD is so horrible as we all know xx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 42 & suddenly developed horrendous nausea. Hopefully connected to the Sertraline - any help / comments much appreciated.

• Posted

Day 57 for me . Still on 50mg and anxiety still bad on on a morning til around tea time . Can't seem to settle or relax much still either. Xmas was bearable but back to work in the morning after a week off . Not had a severe panic attack lately only glimpse shadows of one that I managed to control .

Sticking with the hope that one day I will wake up and poooof back to normal .....

• Posted

hey everyone , 3 months for me. I finally started to see some real changes and feel like myself last week. I will say but I had gained weight and I'm not happy about it about 15 lb. Maybe 10 and maybe 5 from the holidays lol. I will tell you that one of the main reasons that I was taking this was to drive. I became agoraphobic and also claustrophobic and didn't want to drive anywhere alone. Three nights ago on the 23rd I had to take my husband to the emergency room in the middle of the night and was able to do so without hesitation or Sierra. So I think I'll start getting myself on the road this upcoming week. Hang in there with the side effects, I didn't have many, I did have heart palpitations and like I said I've gained weight. I did have some irritable bowel and nausea but that went away the past few weeks this medicine has been a miracle for me. I waited 6 years to take something I wish I did it sooner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.