Don't know where to go from here

Posted , 5 users are following.

things just don't seem to be getting any better I can feel myself becoming detached from the world my family and my partner and friends all I do is sit in my room alone coz I can't face anyone and all I do is cry :-( had my tablets changed which I start tomorrow which I'm very anxious about.. I'm so scared of what my future holds if I can not get better.. I have everything to look forward too getting married getting my own place and everything is there for the taking but I can not seem to get myself out this rut and get myself back to work the thought terrifies me ! Really don't know what to do .......

3 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I know what you mean. I'm so sorry that things at bad for you, I too am getting married next year and should be happy and excited but I have no enthusiasm for anything! I know I should be happy but I sometimes feel as though I have no emotions at all! But I have to remind myself that this will pass and I will get better, please know that you are not alone, everyone on here can relate to you and how you feel. I hope that things get better for you xx
    • Posted

Thank u Rebecca things r just crazy at mo I feel anxious even when I sleep its horrible I have these thoughts running through my head and I'm not even sure what they r the don't make sense it's like I'm fighting some kind of demand but I'm not sure what it's trying to get me to do .. I have had 3 different anti depressant in 3 months which isn't helping I think my head is all over the shop I'm just so scared all the time xx
    • Posted

I have the same issue huni, I struggle to make sense of the things that are in my head, you've put it exactly right! Like its demanding something, but I don't know what. It can be very distressing and frightening. I'm not sure why they have changed your needs so often in such a short time, did you have very bad side effects? I'm on citalopram 20mg but I think I might ask to have dose increased, I'm feeling a bit better but far from how I should feel! I hope you are feeling well soon, take care of yourself xxx
    • Posted

They changed them coz they thought they weren't working .. I'm really nervous about taking these new 1 tho as says they can cause suicidal thought and at the mo I haven't really been experiencing that I'm scared that it's just round the corner .. That that might be the next step which I really don't want I looked after my nan who was like it and was awful I would never wanna do that to my family and friends .. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi there! First of all, you are not alone. You feel lonely, but remember that there are people who love you (your partner, family and friends) and people who understand you (e.g.people in this community). Secondly, give yourself a slack. Depression or anxiety attacks can hit you when least expected, also when it seems that everything is great in your life.

I've been in your situation (actually I'm in a process of getting out if it) and hopefully what helped me might help you as well:

1. Don't wait for depression and anxiety to pass in order to resume your life. If you do, it will suck you in even deeper. Try to make a simple schedule for yourself and stick to it (gives you feel of "normalcy" and accomplishment if you follow it).

2. Spend time with people, even if anxious. It is difficult but it helps a lot. If you are too anxious to leave the house, just ask a friend to visit you.

3. Talk with your doctor about the pills. Just as Rebecca mentioned, so many pills in such a short period of time is not normal. Most antidepressants need between 4-6 weeks to work. Also, what kind of pills are you trying and why are you worried? You may ask your doctor for calming pills, at least for this difficult period.

Last thing: YOU WILL GET BETTER. You might be lucky and get better right away (within weeks) or you might need to be patient and keep on searching for the right therapy for a while. But in the end, it will be alright. Worrying about the future is just making you feel bad now so just try to block it. Your future might be awesome and all this suffering you are going through might be for nothing. So relax and take one step at the time. Hugs!

• Posted

Thank u that helps I have been given mirtazapine which I am due to start tonight .. It's almost like everyday is getting worse coz I am just sat around searching for a cure ... Hopefully I will start to feel better soon thanks for your advice I will try it and see 
    • Posted

Hey huni, try not to give up hope! I know it feels so hard, I do the same thing myself, searching for answers and reason and never finding any other than "I must just be a monster/evil/horrid" but I'm contacting my dr to talk about upping my dose and trying therapy. Anyone I've spoken to or read says that's therapy is one of the best options, I'm frightened but I have to try! I won't let this win without a fight!! I want my life back, please remember that we are all here for each other, I don't know if any of this helps, take care of yourself xxx
    • Posted

Thank u Rebecca I'm trying just so hard .. What meds r u on ? I have just taken my first mirtapine think I should of prob waited till bed time as feel a bit funny now :-/ u are a lovely person not a monster xxx
    • Posted

Hey luv, thanks ☺️

Im on citalopram 20mg which I think is relatively low. I've never gone beyond that dose before and I don't know if that's why I was struggling to accept that it could maybe be increased, I spoke with a friend who is studying to a therapist/councillor and she said that it is a low dose. She also said that therapy could really make a difference for me and to try and not be afraid, it's hard work but worth it! I'm just so afraid to say what goes on in my head though! But I have a phone consultation with my dr tomorrow so I can ask for a referral and to up my dose! I will let you know how it goes, stay in touch, it makes things easier if you know someone understands xxx

• Posted

I have just been taken off that I was on 40 it wasn't really helping much .. I will do Hun thank u .. I have cbt starting apparently it's amazing . Hope u get on well tomorrow also let me know xx
    • Posted

Good luck with CBT, I've heard good things about it so fingers crossed xx
    • Posted

Hi both,

Rebecca, that's very exciting! I understand what you mean- my first two sessions with a therapist I was just joking (of course I was also very depressed, so I am guessing my jokes weren't very funny :P ), only the third I broke and let all out. Although, the therapy alone was not enough for me (I tried 1 year without meds) it is a great experience and the amount of insight you gain into your own thinking process, etc is amazing. Also, I got quite few coping mechanisms (such as ones I wrote above). I'm sorry, I'm talking(well, writing) too much- what I wanted to say is good luck tomorrow and keep up inspiring kick-ass attitude!

And Domdomz-fingers crossed for mirtazapine. Myself, I am waiting for my pills to work (so far 4 weeks on them and still need to rely on behavioral tricks rolleyes )

hugs

• Posted

Hi Syl, your not writing too much at all! I'm always keen to hear what other people's experience have been, I find it helpful. I think I am getting there one minute then the next I'm crashing back down again! Hopefully we can all find the right way for forward and feel back to ourselves again xxx
    • Posted

Hi guys well took the first mirtazapine and slept for 13 hours and now feel well out of it :-/ it made me go very dizzy when I took it and made me sick not sure this is normal ... Fine while I'm off sick but not when I go back to work .. I took it at 5 and had to go to bed at 6.30 and have just woken up .... Scared tO take it tonight now as have my councling telephone thing at half 9 in morning ... What to do xx
    • Posted

Hi. When I started fluoxetine I had same symptoms for first week or two but then it went away. Although I felt sick  and dizzy it wasn't bad enough for me not to go to work. If you feel like it makes you very sick then maybe you can ask for a smaller dose. As many meds give you side effects in the beginning. Also the calming effect in the night will wear out a bit so you should be able to sleep normally after your body adjust to meds. It is really hard to find the right medicine so I wouldn't dismiss it just yet, but again- if you feel too bad...only you can know whether you can tolerate it. xx
    • Posted

I just feel like I can't even get out of bed it's awful feel totally out of it xx
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that sad Sounds like you are on too high dose, they should have slowly eased you in. You should talk with your doctor because mirtazapine is both antianxiety and antidepressant. What you are feeling are calming effects that practically knocked you down. I've just read that mirtazapine can have these side effects for weeks. From my own experience, oxasepam did exactly this and I could easily sleep 15 hours but I adjusted quite quickly and then it worked perfectly fine. But you definitely need to adjust the dose if you react so strongly to it. If you have any other symptoms than feeling sick, sleepy and dizzy, then this drug might not be good for you. Otherwise, I am afraid, these re quite common symptoms when you start new treatment rolleyes Again, I'm sorry for the way you feel. Keep us updated on what the doc will say. Take it easy today and I hope you will feel better soon. xx
    • Posted

Thank u I will do think it's gona be a day in bed for me ... Feel awful :-( xx
    • Posted

One thing I was recommend to do is make a diary, noting all the good things and bad things, so that you can reflect and it does to a degree strength the mind and remind you of the postives but also how you managed those bad days too. if you can be strict it does help. I use a site called patientslikeme ( google it ) and I can log all sorts there and then print it of if need be to share with my gp ( should I wish ).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.