Don't want to be me!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Lying in my bed, it's my safe haven

But still so scared

I'm not normal you see? I'm not like you, I am just like me!

My thoughts just aren't the same as yours

I have my very own train of thought!

It varies so much that I'm so confused

I wish I wasn't me, I wish I was you!

Sometimes I think...yes! I'm actually doing okay..then something happens to take it all away!

I want so much to be a normal person

But the more I seem to try the more my thoughts worsen

I just can't escape these poisonous thoughts, I guess from a young age it's what I was taught.

I hate thinking so deeply I hate the way that I think, I want it to stop to not be on the brink...of craziness! Now I hate that word but how else I can describe it? I just have no words!

I'm not a normal person, I know that it's true I just hope and pray that one day...

I'll be like you!

2 likes, 173 replies

173 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You shot me down for "thinking I was different to everyone else" which wasn't the intention of my poem, and you also asked what makes me different to everyone else, yet I've just read all your comments and in my opinion you're coming across like you think you're different better than everyone else, an expert in depression almost. You're saying your point of view and voicing your opinion but sometimes opinions are better kept to yourself as they can be hurtful to others. I don't know whether you're implying that I don't suffer with depression or not and I'm not going to justify or explain myself but i have to say in my experience of speaking to many other people that suffer everyone IS different but what I've noticed of one thing that they all have In common is that they're compassionate, caring, understanding and supportive to others.

• Posted

I have been voicing the expert opinions of the psychological medical field, not my own opinion or points of view. Are you saying they got it wron? And I'm not talking about your poem.

• Posted

Did they ask you to voice them on their behalf?

Well the comment was made on my post (poem)

So I was just the unlucky one that you chose to start voices these opinions?

Or did the professionals tell you to do that too?

• Posted

Are you upset that everyone didn't like your poem?

I was here correcting some factually inaccurate points of view on depression. I didn't express any of my own opinions, only those of the experts in the field of psychology. I was jumped on and even looked down upon far actually believing what the professionals research concluded.

No one will take depression seriously if we continue to enable those who equate their temporary mood of "depression " with those who are actually suffering from true depression. I explained the differences using research results from the medical community and it seems that many hear don't like the conclusion the experts have come up with.

• Posted

Lol man got jokes as well as ridiculous views!

I'm upset that you seem to believe that you or these "professionals" feel that you have the right to determine who does or does not suffer and to insinuate that people are almost faking it? Or that they think they're depressed when actually they're not?

I would find it highly unlikely for somebody to come on a forum about depression if they don't suffer from it in one way or another. There're many different types and reasons for depression. Some maybe worse than others but it is not for us or anyone to judge how someone else is feeling.

Also I've seem many a "professional" and none that I've met as of yet have been more informed than someone who has actually experienced it.

• Posted

So, you know more than the experts now. Does a cancer patient know more than their doctor? Or does a female patient know more than their male gynecologist? You see the flaw in your comments?
    • Posted

The best thing to do don is to ignore an itch this mans like an ictch the more attention you show it the more it plays up a sad little manipulative bully whom is so upset with his short comings he has to take other people down with him when challenged he runs and says it's not my opinion yet voices it anyway that's almost as sad as the t-Rex being unable to gratify himself coz his arms are to short to reach around his body I'd assume this man has that very problem and so he tries to hurt others ignore him eventually he'll go away don't respond to him and show him he's not in control here you are xx

• Posted

I couldn't comment as I've not suffered from anything that would require those kind of doctors.

• Posted

Closed minded are those who refuse to look at a point of view that differs from their own even though it is based on facts. Shallow minded are those who resort to slander and name calling at the first sign of differing views.

Your actions have shed volumes of you personality.

• Posted

You're views of the psychologicals conclusions of their years of research say that you would also disregard the opinions of any medical professional who's opinions differ from your own.

Your previous comments speak loud enough, no need for you to contradict yourself and comment any further.

• Posted

I do not disregard what the professionals say I am merely saying they don't know it all and the only true understanding is from experiencing it yourself.

Regarding depression that is as like I say I couldn't comment on any another illness that I haven't experienced.

• Posted

Are you saying that you know more about depression than the medical experts who have decades of experience in the subject? Experiencing something does NOT make you an expert on it. Using your train of thought , a cancer patient knows more about cancer than their doctor, who got his information from all the doctors and researchers before him.

It amounts to the same thing. You do NOT know more about depression than a psychologist.

• Posted

I have to say this is really quiet stupid.

Of course we listen to the professional!!!

I've listened for 25 years......

They do not have all the answers at all !!

We have decades of personal experience.

Each and every one of us.

people on here have difficult challenging somtimes very complex issues and problems.

Really! they don't have a book on each individual person how niave of you.

I say this you can read books you can have medication you can have councling. Yes but this takes time.

Very saddened to be honest you seem to chirp from your books and professionals.

It can take years for someone to reach out.where do they start a book?

I thought this forum was for us to help share give advice support one another.

But you sir seem to be goading on here.

I find what you think is all read from books.

How many people are on here reaching out right now that have seen professionals read the books ect... suffering for years.so you see personal experiences you learn from the professionals are tools I use to help me get better they don't know everything.

I find it disgusting that you've said " most of us are not depressed" just a depressed episode. How dare you that's an insult.

Unless you yourself are not depressed as you seem to chat from books.

I have to say are you not ashamed of the goading of people who could be vulnerable.

Do you think before a post.

To add dondons poem was brilliant.

From the heart thoughtfull relatable.

That's what we Try to do help each other.

Please let me know what names you will be under as I wouldn't like to comment you have to say

Very upsetting.

Vicky

• Posted

This is from the experts at the Mayo Clinic;

"Clinical depression is the more-severe form of depression, also known as major depression or major depressive disorder. It isn't the same as depression caused by a loss, such as the death of a loved one, or a medical condition, such as a thyroid disorder."

Right there they say clinical depression "isn't the same as depression caused by a loss..."

Are you going to tell me that this is part of some money making conspiracy, or are you going to concede to this being fact?

• Posted

Your single sentence adds nothing. Please elaborate.
    • Posted

Don don do you not see what he's doing here always making a statement to provoke a response from someone attention seeking three messages one after another trying to line you up to upset you further don't rise to he he thinks he's clever and people don't see what he's doing he's as delusional as his comments which are not his own he's playing advocate to some text books lol

He has publicly disrespected you and insulted your thought pattern Hun ignore him let him act like the child jumping up and down trying to get the attention I pity this man for he's no man at all not any more shame that

• Posted

Apparently don isn't as smart as you think you are. I have not disrespected anyone here though you have attacked me with personal insults. Your true character has been shown by your need for personal attacks and insults during what was a civil discussion. You disagreed with what was being said and resorted to juvenile tactics. Maybe it's time for you to quit so don can continue a civil discussion.

• Posted

Oh I know what he's doing but to begin with I felt the need to stick up for myself and the others he's insulting, I then had a little time on my hands to entertain it but his comments are now going so off track it's all getting a little tedious xx

• Posted

I have been providing facts where all you two have been proving are opinions. You seem to be having a hard time dealing with the facts not supporting your opinions so you lash out with personal insults and name calling. What have I ever say that was insulting? I have not personally attacked anyone or called anyone names.

I think you two need to look back and see who actually is doing the bullying.

• Posted

"Are you upset that nobody liked your poem?

That was a personal insult or at the least a dig/low blow!

• Posted

No, it was an actual question.

A bit different than hakuna calling me "a pathetic little man". That's an insult.

• Posted

You should've just made your own post voicing your opinions as they had nothing to do with my post, unless of course they were aimed at me and you were trying to belittle me.

• Posted

No, I should have done exactly what I did and your responses reenforced the point I was trying to make.
    • Posted

I said much worse than that don't forget the manipulative bully Chris I stand by the labels I place on you

Your really are the truth hurts now your trying to retract your comment with saying it's a question yet where did the question come from no one but you have any negative feedback you see your not that smart really are you the question was a statement directed at a person I don't like people that intentionally try to hurt someone for no reason at all that means in conclusion Chris I don't like you

Still haven't apologised to her either not that I don't think you would much to up your own bottom for that far to much of a man lol enjoy your day

• Posted

I have nothing to apologize for. I have been civil during the entirety of this conversation. I am the one who was attacked and insulted. Personal insults are never ok no matter how much you try to justify them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.