Doom and gloom cloud over you....

Posted , 14 users are following.

For you ladies who might be reading this now, perhaps not even wanting to get out of bed, dreading the day, perhaps feeling like you have a terrible illness, the bad stomach, the nausea , aches and pains, headaches, sinus pressure etc, migraine auras, spotting and or heavy bleeding, even weight loss (which I had in peri with gastitis) the panic and anxiety, it does get better becauae I have felt like this under the menopause cloud. Yes for peace of mind I had things checked and you should too for your peace of mind but I would hate to think that someone is lying there now feeling like I did, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Xx

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nice to hear..  : )   Sometimes I wonder if it's just me because I see many middle aged women out and about having a good time.   Also if I could lose some weight that might make it better!!  Did you ever find what helped the migraines?

• Posted

Dear kelly

I just had the migraine auras in peri but when I had ovaries out they almost stopped overnight. Obviously the fluctuating hormones caused them but I dont recommend having ovaries out for that reason lol. I think the bright lights and lack of sleep may have brought them on and being dehydrated too x

• Posted

Hi Pinkcatfairy, yes I also was victim to this meno monster too, and although I'm still not gone the 12 yet I am feeling better to certain extend...don't feel so detach and unnervy like you can't sit still feeling it has now subsided thank good, but I feel with time we will be back to who we were once again,Ty for your extra support (((((hugs)))))

• Posted

Dear Maria

Yes, I feel better now but OK I might have the odd wobble but it isn't like it was at the start, you know the uncertainty and anxiousness and dark moments, xx

• Posted

I am finding this site so reasurring. I am 46 and have been going through peri since i was 40 years old. The past year though has been like a living nightmare, mainly due to hellish anxiety, which I have suffered with on and off throughout my life but nothing like I am experiencing now.  I have only had 1 proper period in the last 12 months and just 2 very light days of spotting. I think I have the hot flushes under control now due to me taking a herbal form of HRT. As I say the anxiety and the heart palpitations, nervouse tummy, shakes and the feeling of being detatached from myself are the worst especially when I wake up feeling like this during the night.  I have read other ladies feeling the same as me which is always reasurring as I feel so alone and feel like I am going mad at times! Oh the joys! Its always nice to hear of other lovely ladies who have been through this and tell us that there is light at the end of this dark lonely tunnel. Love to you all and please keep us updated. xx
    • Posted

Dear Julie

I too have always been an anxious person and do suffer with a form of agoraphobia, not to the extent that I dont go out but I don't like open spaces. Menopause heightened my fears etc and anxieties and it has been a horrible time. You aren't alone in this journey and I hope you feel better soon. This site is a great help to help you through the transition! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.