dos anyone else with ibs get pain near kidneys?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dos anyone experience pain at each side of back that almost feels as if something in their is bein squeezed?its not constant but comes and goes?please help

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you done any research on kidney stones. It is possible that they are building. I suppose there is a scan to detect them. Maggie x
  • Posted

I've had this pain before however this was before I had ibs and the doctor suspected kidney stones so it's possible that it's just that.
    • Posted

My dr doesn't suspect kidney stones as if had it for a while now and its hasnt worsened...i have heard that people have a sore back with ibs not sure this though!!did you have kidney stones and how were they diagnosed?
    • Posted

I get back pain but more upper rather than kidney area. I've had a recent impacted Bowel
  • Posted

I get pain on one side at the back - My doc told me that some of the  colon runs round the back.   But also you can get referred pain 
    • Posted

Its not a constant pain it comes and gos,its like a throbbing,squeezing feeling is this something you experience?
  • Posted

that fits with spasms from the colon.  Do you take buscopan or meberverine

• Posted

At each side is that possible jon do you know sorry for the questions im new to al this so this pain is concerning me!however have had bloods,stool sample etc al clear just waiting for ultra sound dr has advised she dosnt think it to b sinister so looking at possible ibs but its still a constant worry...have been taking busopan on and off...have just started back on them yesterday as i felt abit of pain coming on!never heard of meberverine is that any good?also sufferfrom a heavyness in abdomen and frequent urination,amonst othrs like sharp pain on pelvic bone its just never ending and driving me mad for an answer!
    • Posted

I feel for you. I've been the same. Tests after tests. All negative. Gut transit x ray showed heavily impacted bowel. So ask for that test.
    • Posted

Is that how u got diagnosed with ibs anguspug?what are youre symptoms?i dont suffer cramps sometimes C im more

The painfull side which i heard can happen aswel...it reli is horrible never felt so much pain i used to think ibs was jst "a toilet thing" and "couldnt be that bad" i take it all back its horrendous 😞

• Posted

think the colon runs round both side . Need to watch buscopan it works by stopping the spasm process that pushes stuff through your colon which when they are a bit too much causes the pain but if you take too much you get constipated.  Meberverine work differently you just take 2 a day

• Posted

I've been told I'm going to be treated for severe Ibs. Although I'm not sure however I'll just keep on tweaking diet. I have a constant sensation which alternates between a sensation and pain in upper right abdominal area. Recently it went to back. Absolutely agonising. I was still going to loo though. Never dreamed I'd have a imoacted bowel. Pain was excruciating and they kept giving me cosines which made me worse!
    • Posted

From what i have heard their is lots of symptoms with ibs just from reading on here!i had lower back pain and sore around my ribs but i think that could be due to trapped wind!seems like drs dont know to much about it...i havent had ease for 5 months now 😞
    • Posted

Excellent jon do they have to be prescribed for

You by a dr or can you buy them?

• Posted

I've been like this for nearly a year. Taken docs this long to find it out. It's bloody miserable
    • Posted

i think you need a prescription but patient uk seems to indicate you can get some in pharnmacist without one
    • Posted

I was able to buy Buscopan over the counter in chemists and supermarkets without a prescription but I already had an IBS diagnosis.  It does state on the packet that the medication is for medically confirmed IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.