dos anyone else with ibs get pain near kidneys?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dos anyone experience pain at each side of back that almost feels as if something in their is bein squeezed?its not constant but comes and goes?please help

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had back pain on both sides with IBS which also comes and goes. I thought it was a kidney infection but a urine test and ultrasound showed no infection or kidney stones.  Celiac testing and stool samples were also negative so I was diagnosed with IBS.  Part of the colon runs round the back so pain can also be felt there.
    • Posted

Awh philippa i feel so much better now iv only ever heard some1 saying its only been on one side i also have a pressure/bloated peeing alot but only BM once a day which are always broken...im awaiting my ultrasound next week on ovaries and abdomen!...its good to kno thought there is some1 out their experienceing something similar as iv been extremely anxious!

Thanks

For your help

• Posted

I usually have one BM a day and had a lot of anxiety last year prior to diagnosis which took 3 and a half months and eight doctors. Although I don't get frequent urination, it is a symptom of IBS.
    • Posted

Years ago I got diagnosed with IBS with no testing cause it wasn't that bad.. Well almost three years ago I was suppose to have colonoscopy done for abnormal stools but I never did it and insurance expired... About two months ago I started getting lower back pain that's constant pressure with constipation and loose stools .. I do have anxiety and depression and I'm under a lot of stress .. I'm getting pains in both side where kidneys are and I get a lot of pain on left side but that goes and comes... Pain under ribs.. And pressure in my rectum... Tonight I noticed my stools were tiny peices and some flat... But not all... I'm so scared and my insurance goes into effect April 1st... Last month I got bloodwork which Was normal and also stool test was normal... Still scary tho... I really hope it's all stress and IBS... I've been so sick to my stomache lately... I hope once I see gastro and gyno it will help with the stress... Does anyone else feel these symptoms ..
    • Posted

Yes nicole i have kidney pain that i can only describe as a "squeezing" sensation,sore ribs!sharp shooting pains on and around pubic bone which started on the last day of my period,i was convinced it was something to do with my period but dr didnt thnk so as iv been for regular smear tests also had bloods and stool sample and im goin for an ultra sound!my stools vary when this all started i had very loose stools with mucas but now my stools are broken and sometimes i cant BM For a couple of days!my drdosnt think its anything sinister but iv been so anxious so i understand what your goin thrrough its a very worrying time!do you experience pressure in abdomen aswell nicole?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.