dosage change

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi been on 225mg for about a month without any side effects when starting or increasing but yesterday increased to 300mg and today feel like the world is closing in. I'm sweating, feeling sick, constantly crying and anxiety is high. Negative thoughts all the time andworrying constantly about taking the meds. Can anyone give me some positive feed back please? Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

be strong... and discussing your pob is a positive,,,  

• Posted

Just curious why the updose?  It may be that your system has become sensitized and the 75 mg increase is just too much.  If you need to, go back to 225 mg and let yourself settle again, since you only took 300 mg for one day. You had an extreme reaction, and I would say this is not a case of pushing through, which a lot of people tend to recommend.  Also, contact your Dr's office and let them know your experience and concerns.

I hope you feel better soon :-)

• Posted

Hi the increase was because ive been crying a lot and anxiety was returning. When I increased to 225mg the first 3 weeks were really good but then got the flu and once over that ive felt very low etc so doc suggested the increase.
    • Posted

Ok, that helps to know.  I suspect that you were entering tolerance withdrawal on your 225.  When you reach tolerance, you start to have withdrawal even though you are on the same amount of meds.  This is usually a sign that your system has become sensitized and more of the drug will not work and may actually exasperate the problem. 

I have had people get mad at me when I come on trying to help, so I want you to know that I am NOT an expert or doctor, but I have been in the trenches of withdrawal and have learned so much about it, that I and the authorities on the matter that I have learned from know more about the subject than a majority of doctors.  

Given that, what may be best at this time is to actually taper off of ven, but you must do so very slowly, more slowly than your doctor will tell you to do.  The repercussions of ven withdrawal are NOT pretty if you go too fast.  I am including a link to a page that Enis Moderator created, which includes a link for Why to taper 10%. I am also including a link about how to safely get off of psych meds.

Even if you want to go to another med, you must taper Ven; no other med can stop it's withdrawal symptoms if you stop cold turkey (never!) or taper too fast.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/withdrawing-from-antidepressants-and-benzos-safely-485891?page=0#1809368

You could cut back to 225 mg again, stabilize, and then cut down to 187.5 mg, and that may actually make you feel better.  At the higher doses it is ok to make these bigger cuts, but as you get lower you really should make them smaller, no more often than every 3 weeks as long as you feel ok.  You must listen to your body.  

Discuss this all with your doctor.  Ask him about tolerance withdrawal.

Good luck!

• Posted

I know this is from 2 months ago but, just in case you don't have answers yet - it could be serotonin syndrome or, if you are bipolar, the ven could have sent you into a manic state or mixed state.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.