Dosage of Zopiclone?

Posted , 33 users are following.

I am interested what dosage of Zopiclone other users (especially long term users) are prescribed, as I am a concerned daughter whose 65 year old mother is very addicted to this drug. She has taken various drugs for insomnia and depression for a very long time, the lastest being Zopiclone for the last two years, she takes 250mg a night (5 x 50mg), which I think is far too high a dosage.

She has severe side effects like slurring and memory problems, and her drowsiness the next day can sometimes be so bad she is incoherent, and has now fallen on several occasions. I am worried for her safety and would appreciate some feedback on the dosage other people with experience of this drug are on.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've taken 180mgs of Zoplicone and 10mgs of Clonazepam and survived!

• Posted

You obviously been taking higher an higher doses all the time, You don't even need to take that much meds for it to work properly thats why there is a patient body limit.. but when you just keep taking them without stopping its no surprise you can handle taking so much.. WOW 180mgs of Zopiclone an 10mgs of clon.. Zopiclone is so bad for you in the long run an taking high does at which you take are very dangerous and i honest an good doctor would not recommend that dose. It is very unsafe and your just asking for trouble. If I don't switch up my sleeping pills I'd be taking a way higher dosage as well but my doctor is actually concerned about my health so she would not allow me to keep taking Zopiclone if I have to ingest so much more of the poison. Zopiclone is only clinically recommended for up to 2 weeks. Try some Temazepam then maybe you could cut back on taking so much drugs in your body which is known to cause problems. Take less meds an more effective it is the better an healthier it is on your body. you might have "Survived" taking that dose but it can an will lead to other seriously problems for you so i hope you try harder to find different solutions to your issue with sleep. Hopefully your researching your Insomnia an things to help avoid taking poison meds from the docs.. its all poison..  EVERY SINGLE medication will say if you take too much call poison control for a reason!!! ITS A POISON.. I hate that i have to keep taking pills. Makes me wish i was dead. Anyways Im fine just had to throw my opinion out here an ya it might sound hostile but hey gimmie a break Im tired af and got f**k all for sleep last night even tho i took Zopiclone but im building my tolerance up so if i want it to keep working for longer i have to take more so ill be switching to other med now. but its still low dosege so its lesss harmful to me on the long run.. take care Cory i hope you switch up your meds so your taking less.. wouldn't want you to get really sick an die from taking so much meds... plus high doses of Zopiclone really mess with your memory an mind.. can cause dymentionia.. im done i could go on forever about this topic because it effects me sooo deeply.. take care

• Posted

The reason I tools so much Zoplicone was because I was trying to self harm myself. Can't find right dosage.

• Posted

Sure sounds like it taking such a high dosage. I abused Zopiclone at a point in my life like 6-7 years ago. I used to take alot more then recommended and it just makes it worse. It's very addictive as well so thats another reason for me to switch between my meds otherwise id be doing things like what you are doing. I hope you decide to try coping with your sleep problem a different way. Please dont self harm yourself. I know what its like to feel so crazy without sleeping an taking alot of meds that dont always work. It f**ks with your brain. You need to detox yourself. I still feel suicidal often but i do fee alot better just switching between meds. its the best thing i can do atm in my life. Been to so many clinics an studies an meds an docs.. i dont know whats wrong with me.. So i accept it an still try to find a better way.. this is so far my better way.. good luck to you

• Posted

I take 15mg zipcoclone for insomnia and 4 mg lorazezapam, the combination whipes out both problems I have had for 40 years and after over 30 years off taking pills These could be the right ones

• Posted

first off the dose of Zopiclone is double the regular recommended dosage anyy regular doc would prescribe. and Second off 4mg of Lorazezapam would be more for anti anxiety for sleeping my guess since i know its an anti anxiety an zopiclone is benzo. both higher then regular dosages so im not surprised you sleep well. but in the long run you will keep building a tolerence an will have to take even more if your not careful. so i suggest trying to tapper off of as much medication. If your having to take more then regular dose or more then max recommenced you should be paying attention to that because it could cause you worse problems down the road .

• Posted

As a fellow crappy sleeper with fibro depression ptsd cps cfs osteoarthritis in 70% of my body I have severe mental health of depression from a young age due to physical sexual emotional abuse and neglect by both parents I am 48yrs of age everyday is a huge struggle. I have the worst sleep relationship imaginable i sometimes sleep 4 days in 1 episode meaning i take to my bed for 4 days all day all night some weeks i get a maximum of 12 hrs in 4 days my sleeping is so erratic and has been since my mid teens zopiclone which is prescribed for me by my psychiatrist has helped me immensely he perscribes me 28 a month where as my Gp on the other hand will only prescribe 5 at a time

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Zopiclone

Hope this helps x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.