Dosulepin withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been on dosulepin for many years being treated for depression. My gp has told me they are being withdrawn and I am quite happy to see how I am without medication as circumstances have changed and I dont really feel depressed anymore. I have tapered slowly from 150mg over 5 months with no problems at all. I took my last 25mg 5 days ago and am not feeling well at all, nausea, unable to sleep, achey, anxious and a bit panicky and spaced out. Im guessing these may be withdrawal symptoms and wondered if anyone had been through anything similar and how long this may go on for. Any advice be appreciated. Julie

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update 😐 3 weeks yesterday since last dosulepin and dont know which way is up! Terrible anxiety and panic attacks and completely unable to function. Shivers, dizziness, aches and even moving my eyes quickly sets off a panic. Dr has given me amitriptyline which I resisted but gave in 3 days ago. They have helped by knocking me out and Im too tired to do anything which is awful, but too tired to panic is a bonus 😊 The side effects are kicking in but can cope with them. Its so so unfair. Was really well before all this, none of this is my fault but and can never imagine being well again 😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.