Double bunion operation

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had the above done 2 weeks ago yesterday and my gp is of the opinion to sign me back to full time work in 2 weeks. Any of your opinions would be great please! 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow that seems soon for a double, my guy said at least 4weeks, but can start to put shoes on 
  • Posted

Hi Paula

I also had a double bunionecotomy, 3 weeks post op now and

although I don't work out of the house my surgeon said no

walking/driving for 6 weeks although I've been walking around

the house I have to rest and elevate my foot through out the day...there's no way I would even consider driving. Even after I have my casts removed I doubt I'll be able to wear shoes for

sometime. I'd be inclined to have a word when you next see

your surgeon and see what advice he gives you.

• Posted

Hi Paula.

You have been given very sound and sensible advice from various people regarding  returning to work, the exhaustion you will experience and the driving/transport issues.

All I can say to all this is, take this advice on board and do not under any curcumstances feel compelled to return to work before you are confident that the time is right.

Otherwise you may find the recovery and healing time will be impeded and you may end up having to go back on to sick leave.

Bunion surgery is not life threatening but, compared to hip and knee replacement surgery the recovery time is far greater. And that information was given direct to me by my own surgeon.

So, there you have it.

Good Luck and take care.

Gillian

• Posted

HiPsula, definitely not. You have to gauge how you  feel because we are all different rather than go with what they suggest .i went too   back at the as advised and it  was horrendous In practical terms  it left me far more uncomfortable than I would have bee at home with the foot up 
  • Posted

Thank you Gillian and Lillian.  I find it fascinating how we are all informed so differently! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.