Double Z Plasty with VY advancement

Posted , 21 users are following.

Anyone had one of these?   Its an alternative to a fentons procedure and is designed to sort out that bit of skin at the entrance to the vagina which keeps splitting.

I am going in on Friday to have it done.....   i have had to wait since I saw the surgeon in October, but although i am nervous, I am hopeful.

I already cannot have sex, how much worse could it get?

will let you all know how it goes.....

xx G

1 like, 73 replies

73 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not familiar but would appreciate iodine if you could explain, and also share with everyone after the procedure, and if this has helped . Thx
  • Posted

Hi G, I've not heard of it but wanted to say good luck and I really hope it does the trick. Do you use dilators ? I've found them excellent and use them twice a week to maintain. Perhaps you could use them after you've healed from the procedure to keep everything from shrinking. Just a suggestion anyway. Look forward to hearing how you got on. Take care xx

• Posted

No I haven't heard of this. Very interested to the outcome if you share it. God help you with LS

• Posted

Best Wishes!
    • Posted

Thank you!    Husband drove me to plymouth yesterday, we stayed in a hotel last night and went out to the Wet Wok Chinese on Plymouth Hoe..  I got to the hospital for 7  am,  had the 40 minute op and was out of theatre by 10.    Had some coffee, water and a sandwich, husband collected at 12, and we drove 100 miles home.    Now sitting with my feet up in my own home, eating ice cream...     Told the surgeon all about the borax and she was quite interested.    I feel sore and a bit dizzy but ok.

Met another lady who had same op as me, she was in after me, she too has LS, but she knew nothing of forums etc and belived she was on her own with it all.    I was much better informed than her.

There is a video of the op on the net. ( not starring me!) i will see if i can  find it and post the link.    

Xx. NMD.

• Posted

Hi there, so glad it went well and you are relaxing at home now. Fingers crossed it does the trick. Let us know how you get on. Bet that lady you met was glad of bumping into you, another lady soon to be enlightened via this forum. Well done you xx
    • Posted

I'm trying to find a way to post this to everyone with LS. Hope this works. I have LS also have Urticaria, asthma, and Vasculitis Do any of you have there's same problems. Looking for a connection since they don't know much about LS

• Posted

To post what brenda?        I have Asthma and hypothyroidism in addition to the LS.

x

• Posted

Glad to hear u r done and now the healing begins. That is what we will all be interested in, and hope that it helps the functioning. Please give us progress reports . Even how the healing and level of discomfort goes thru all.of this. I wonder if there is a doc in.the U.S. that knows this procedure. I am assuming that u are in Europe? When u see your doctor next, can u inquire? Glad for your bravery and that you have such a positive outlook!
    • Posted

The op i had was called the plymouth procedure, and i had it at plymouth hospital where it was invented.   Thats Plymouth England.   Uk.   Worth you checking out the video online and tyen asking the hospital if they have trained anyone in the us.     

Am sufferering with sitting down, so have ordered a rubber ring cushion off amazon, will be here tomorrow!      I am off to a concert on Wednesday, i bought the tickets months ago....   Will take the rubber ring with me......   Oh the embarrassment!     I am turning into one of those old ladies who no longer cares what anyone thinks....      :-)

• Posted

I love your attitude. Thanks again for information. I wonder what post op advice they gave you, such as sitz baths in Epsom salts, or antibiotic ointment, or y other healing treatments???
    • Posted

I guess u got my post. Well we got the asthma and L S in common. Just wondering what others have also so we might could find the answer to why we get LS
    • Posted

They just said have a couple of baths or showers a day.....   Not too hot....

Have actually been having baths with a couple of spoons of bicarb in....    All very well telling me to have baths, but i still have the Ls and left untreated, it will flare up.    May go back to  my usual  routine with borax in a couple if days.   X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.