Dr and hospital don't know what's wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

Three weeks ago I was taken into hospital due to chest pain and hot flushes ecg clear so sent home since then I've had non stop pain in chest hot flushes shaking feeling light headed aches just about every where so I went to dr all she said was acid reflux anxiety and being over tired haven't slepted more then five hours for six months as baby don't like sleep ATM lol so ok I thought let's change things nope was at a&e yesterday two ecg clear plus bloods could this really be course of what dr said

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Chest pain is a concern. When do you get those, and how often ? 
    • Posted

Its all the time I might go a day without it but then the next day it's there all day it's a burning feeling that don't go

• Posted

It can be GERD, have you checked with doctor for this ? 

Cardiac disease accounts for only 8-18% of all cases of chest pain and the majority of chest pain seen in primary care is due to more benign conditions - eg, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), muscle sprains, panic disorder or shingles.

GORD is the most common cause of non-cardiac chest pain. One study found that 8% of those diagnosed clinically within primary care had a diagnosis of ischaemic heart disease, 83% were excluded as cardiac-based.

Differential diagnosis

Cardiac:

Ischaemic: stable anginaacute coronary syndrome (ACS), coronary vasospasm (Prinzmetal's angina), hypertrophic cardiomyopathyaortic stenosis.

Non-ischaemic: arrhythmias, aortic dissection, mitral valve disease, pericarditis.

Respiratory: pneumothorax, pulmonary embolismpneumonia, pleurisylung cancer.

Musculoskeletal: costochondritis, Tietze's syndrome, trauma, rib pain (including fracture, bone metastases, osteoporosis), radicular pain, nonspecific musculoskeletal pain (eg, fibromyalgia).

Breast disease.

Gastrointestinal: GORD, oesophageal rupture, oesophageal spasm, peptic ulcer disease, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, gastritis.

Skin: herpes zoster infection.

Psychological - eg, anxietydepression, panic disorder.

Others: sickle cell crisis, diabetic mononeuritis, tabes dorsalis.

• Posted

I was admitted to emergency a couple of years ago with chest pains and ecg was normal so was everything else but l was referred to a cardiologist and he asked me how was my thoracic spine. I had some issues with my neck and had surgery for trapped nerve previously. He informed me that it could be referred pain from my spine. Thought l would share this information with you, hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.