Dr. Appt today!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Finally! The pro-gest cream has helped a little..had a melt down last night told DH I can not do this marriage anymore(5th time I told him I was done) I actually feel like dr Jeckle/Hyde..God, he is used to my melt downs but I know he hurts everytime I say things like this. Sleep is evading again last night 3.5 hours. I have tried aleve pm since the joint pain is bothersome and for one night I did get 8hrs sleep but the next night again taking the aleve pm..not a thing. Have I mentioned that I am 7 months smoke free! I wonder if the chantix halped my mood because after stopping the meds 4 months ago..bam! Life is out of control..anxiety is so bad. No sex life at all, DH has a stressful job also..I have gained 30 lbs and hate myself just trying to get through each day. I pray that this new Dr. Is going to help me figure out WTH is going on with me. Thank you ladies for all the helpful info being shared on this board.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update! Wonderful Dr! She fully understood and because of my symptoms, she beleives I am in full blown menopause. I did go to have blood work done so i will know more by next week. She also had never heard of the pro-gest cream that I had bought and said it might be ok but It seems I am missing the estrogen also. She put me on a low dose of zoloft until labs are back so maybe the anxiety won't be too bad and said it balances you out so no up and down feelings. Will let you ladies know how labs are but at 46 and be in menopause blows my mind. My 17 year old son is also aware if I start acting weird to call dad. Just to be safe.

• Posted

I am so happy you liked your dr! I just saw a new obgyn the other day and liked her very much too!  I am 41 and having bad perimenopause symptoms since 40. I am having  irregular periods, although lately they are light.  I will be starting a low dose combo BCP.  My obgyn said creams would not help me for the long term because of my symptoms.  Also, I may take 10 years before officially being in menopause. Also, starting medication for migraines and vertigo.  Good luck!  keep us up to date! 🤗

• Posted

Menopause and postmenopause sped up the end of my marriage. My spouse masked traumas with alcohol and when I was finally falling completely apart he refused to seek treatment. I meant I was falling apart from the hormone issues and dealing with the alcoholism and I couldn't do both at the same time.Loved him but had to let go.

I'm going to get an appointment with an endocrinologist and hopefully he's not going to say it's all in my head. I do have small multiple benign nodules forming on my thyroid so I guess something is going on even though my thyroid tests have always come back within normal.  Almost 10 years since I started this not great part of my life and it is exhausting. I've done HRT and not great fix. 

I feel you. It would have been nice if I'd seen it coming but not sure what I could have done to prevent it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.