Dr Charles Shepherd

Posted , 5 users are following.

Guess what, I e mailed the ME association to ask about the flu jab because my surgery will not give me one after 6 years because I do not exactly fit the qualifying criteria and I now have to pay for it.

This is fine but I wanted their input in case I could appeal to my PCT.

Anyway, they passed the query on to their medical advisd and I had a lovely e mail from Dr Charles Shepherd. He is so nice.

Just thought I'd share that with you all. :D

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey, that's amazing Alicia ... bet that's given you a well-deserved lift :D

Do you think you could e-mail him back to see if he would join us on here 8)

Just tell him you have a fab new Mod. and he'll be over like a shot :lol:

• Posted

He could learn so much from us!! :ok:

Nice of him to reply, what did he advise? Been thinking about the flu jab, I am scared of getting flu and it triggering a relapse. Am on quite an even keel at the moment :roll:

Dalexxx

• Posted

Yes, I'm not sure about having a flu jab either :?

Cripes, if any of us got the 'real' flu I think that really would be the end :wah:

• Posted

Well it is hit and miss if you get it on the NHS now. The criteria is tightened up and we don't officially 'fit'. It depends on how strict your PCT is.

I have had mine this morning and paid for it but I got a receipt and will try and claim it back with my GP's recommendation.

CS insisted on calling me 'Ali' in his e mails (I have had 2) which is a bit familiar, so I replied and told him that if he doesn't call me Ali then I won't call him Charlie. :lol:

I do hope he has a sense of humour :oops:

• Posted

Whoops, that's probably the last we will hear from him then, Alicia sad

When he gave the talk which I attended last September, he definitely lacked a little in the humour department, and he talked SO fast :shock: our poor raddled brains just couldn't keep up .... so maybe we missed any humourous bits ::erm:...... but may have just been a bad day in his case sad Who knows!

Just call me old fashioned but I really don't like over-familiarity with someone who you have just met for the first time.

I did quite like it Alicia, when you referred to me as Mrs Mod. in an earlier posting - now that's what I call respect for your elders :lol:

• Posted

Tell me about it. the operators in call centes always want to call you by first name. whebn they say 'What shall I call you?' I say \"Mrs Brown', to which they reply 'but what's your name?' so I reply 'Mrs Brown' :roll:

The ParcelForce delivery driver this morning called me 'Bubba' as in 'You have a nice day now Bubba'!!!! :shock: :evil:

• Posted

Dr Charles Shepherd has just e mailed me an apology :D
  • Posted

BUBBA ....... OMG!:shock:

I think I would have smacked him one around the kisser :evil:

If I could summon the energy :roll:

Sure he wasn't referring to Max dog :lol:

• Posted

OMG ..... has he really :shock:

Maybe he already reads this forum :lol:

I'm laughing so much this end, I've just exhausted myself :zzz:

• Posted

Got to go and have a lie down now :lol:
  • Posted

Hi Mrs Mod and Ali :wink:

CS sounds a decent sort. Bet he logs on here to track opinions and do research :shock:

We have a guy who always says \"You alright girl\" to both me and Boss lady. :x He is not even a member, just a scally who hangs round the bus station :evil:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Didn't realise that you worked in a bus station as well Dale :bus:

Gosh, what a busy person you must be :whistle:

• Posted

Katie - I called you Miss Moderator too, does that mean i have respect for my elders :lol:

I can get flu jab free on NHS with my work and although i have never taken up the offer as having never had flu, i was wondering if i should take it now for obvious reasons. The last thing i need is to take flu. :roll:

Did Charles not say if he thinks we should take it :?:

Is anyone else going to have it :?:

• Posted

Yes Teedie, you definitely have respect for your elders too :D

Did you enjoy Michael thingy's concert last night.

Well as Alicia has had the jab I guess her new found friend CS has said 'yes' to that one.

When I last had a jab before my ME days I had to see GP for prescription, go get it, and then return to see the nurse to give me the injection. But because I had had the 'real' flu the year before and was ill for over six weeks I was determined to have a jab.

Not sure what to do this year. Don't think I've got the energy to do all that's required :roll:

Can't even be bothered to make a dental appointment either which is overdue .... can bear the thought of being poked about ... and then there's the hygenist :roll:

Really lacking in energy at the moment, but also have a stinking cold so maybe that's why my get up and go has got up and gone :erm:

• Posted

CS didn't commit himself to whether we should have a jab, but he did suggest I sent for the ME Assoc leaflet about the flu jab and ME which I have done. when I get it I will tell you what it says.

He just advised that ME/CFS isn't one of the chronic illnesses that qualifies automatically for a free one on the NHS. It depends very much on individual PCTs and you should be prepared to have to pay for it, like I did.

This is the 7th year that I have had one and I definitely think it boosts my immune system as I used to get 2 or 3 really stonking colds each winter and now I hardly get them. If I do it is all over in 3 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.