Dreaming..Peri/Meno or Not??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I believe I have posted about this before, but I can't remember. I've had many things happen in the last 5 months in regards to this hormone imbalance thing. I have been having some vivid, crazy, and some scary dreams. I've had nightmares before but this seems to be in excess lately and immediately after I fall asleep. I never have a full night sleep, I either wake several times or I wake around 3-4 am and can't get back to sleep.

I've been very tired lately which is new. Even though I don't sleep well at night, I'm usually pretty ok during the day. Does anyone else have this issue with dreams? I thought it may be side effects from my meds or a connection to this peri/meno. What do you all think?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I have vivid weird dreams too it's all connected I think
  • Posted

Had a horrendous dream last night, was screaming for help and couldn't wake up....awful....and period is due any day...effing hormones!!!
    • Posted

Hi TropicalVon69,

I had a a few weird dreams myself. I have a hormone horoscope and period tracker app on my phone and low and behold, it's a few days before my cycle and the app said to steer clear of the news, articles, or horrid movies because progesterone tends to make negative thoughts and visions stick in your mind and I may expierence more nightmares or negative dreams due to rising and falling hormones. I knew there was a link somewhere.

• Posted

When I had my ovaries removed I suddenly started having really scary dreams! I presumed it was to do with the sudden drop in hormones, must be connected! Thankfully the scary dreams were short lived!
  • Posted

Not sure if you are still watching this thread - but I too started having vivid dreams every night, all night from which I awake. I feel like I am hardly sleeping. The wee early hours of the morning are the worst where I am just in and out of dream/wake/dream/wake. Doctors don't seem too concerned, but I feel like I am barely functioning during the day and yet I can't sleep. Are you still having these issues? Anyone else understand what I am talking about and having the same thing? Anything you have found that helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.