Dreams

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I know dreams are a common side effect of fluoxetine, but do they ever settle down?

I seem to be having quite a few vivid and realistic dreams per night, usually about things that are worrying me which then makes me question myself as to whether it was a dream or not!

Has anyone experienced this and did it settle for you? Or is there anything we can do to ease it?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you take flu in the morning or before bed. I take mine before bed and wonder if it makes a difference?
    • Posted

Hi,

I used to take it in the morning but was still really tired in the daytime, so I started to take it at night but I still see no difference as I wake up so much in the night im still tired in the day!

It seems everyone's different with their times and how it works for them

• Posted

I still have them sometimes, (its normal having them alot when you first started) :-) but mine have calmed down alot by now.
    • Posted

That's good to know :-) how long have you been taking them for? I can't wait for the dreams to calm!
    • Posted

Its going to be 3 months soon :-) I had a really crazy dream yesteday, that reminded me of this post, sorry for the long reply. Hope its getting better for you love! Can't wait to hear about your progress :-)
    • Posted

How is it at 3 months are you better? I've been on it 4-5 weeks and I'm still very up and down.
    • Posted

Hey,

Great that you're up to 3 months soon, onwards and upwards :-)

I'm just over 2 months now

My dreams haven't calmed AT ALL. I feel like I have quite a few dreams in the night, all really realistic and to do with things that are going on at the moment, so I wake up thinking "omg did I really say that?" Haha!

• Posted

I had weird dreams for the fIraq week on 20mg and Ringing in the ears.. I had this weird ass dream where I was in a cinema, watching a film, with my stuffed toy bear and we were floating and all my nerves were alive and it was like Virtual Reality, was a lovely sensation.. I'd love a dream like that again.
    • Posted

First week, tut!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.