Driving

Posted , 16 users are following.

Can I ask how soon after surgery did you feel able to drive thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

8 weeks for my manal transmission car and 11 weeks back to work driving a bus.
  • Posted

I drive a left hand drive manual and had my right knee done. I drove at 7 weeks for short distances but had to totally alter my driving position to be able to get a safe comfortable position. It was down to the rom. I am 18 weeks now and doing my first long drive on friday (3hours there walk around all day and 3  back)
  • Posted

I had my right knee replaced, and was able to drive at 4 weeks with my PT's permission. He told me to go a parking lot with my husband and practice braking. If I wasn't able to move my leg quickly and forcefully to apply the brake, I wasn't ready to drive. It was good to go out and practice before I got behind the wheel again.

Diane

• Posted

I drove to my six week check up. Left tkr with auto car. Worst part was how many times I bumped my sore knee when getting in and out of the car.

• Posted

What surgery did you have?
    • Posted

Left tkr Jenny. Got clearance to drive but a little anxious. Had a short drive with partner yesterday. Went well but painful afterwards. Thanks for all advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.