Driving fear and Mitazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello to anyone reading this, I wasnt sure if this was the right place to post but have been feeling rather isolated so thought i'd join an anxiety forum.

I have been having difficulties as a passenger in cars recently and havnt managed to learn to drive yet, despite being 27. I have had anxiety and more recently depression since my early teens and have tried various Anti-depressents, I recently started Mitazapine and have been feeling really bad. Having panic attacks all the time and for no reason. Also bad anxiety and feeling spaced out and not feeling in control of my thoughts. I am going to wean myself off of them by cutting down to a half a day for a week as I have done with previous anti-depressents. Can anyone relate or have similar experience with either Mitazapine or driving anxiety, I dont know anyone who suffers with anxiety and often feel very isolated.

Sorry for essay!

Kind regards

Dean Alex

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I signed up for this site because I feel extremely isolated and my boyfriend and his family dont understand how I feel. It sucks because they judge me and think it's completely ridiculous that I don't want to learn how to drive because I am genuinely afraid. They say it's a necessity to drive, but I simply do not want to. Btw I am 18 years old and have been suffering with anxiety and depression since the age of 13. Someone please help me how to get over my anxiety of driving or help me how to explain it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.