Drunk again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ugh...very stressful therapy appt. yesterday...seems when I get confimration that I am scr*wed up...I take that to limit..a good excuse to DRINK. I was so beside myself yesterday...I owe 3000 to the government..I'm trying to be approved for disability...the process is dragging.

​I needed a firm diagnoisis to support my claim. I went in like a raving maniac and said my medication is not working.  I told them I am not exaggerating my symptoms..they did agree that I have been in treatment FOREVER...more than 10 years.

​they diagnosed me with BPD...so I took that as an excuse..that no one is medicating me appropriately..nor have they been for many years...so lets get DRUNK...and i have done a good job of it..at bar last night..karooke...and first thing this a.m. beer to feel better. UGH.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Misssy 2. I strangely thought we had lots in common and this post makes me think it more!! I am also diagnosed as having BPD but still struggle with what this actually means in the grand scheme of things. I hope you are feeling better and more focused today? Focused on the good rather than the bad!! 
    • Posted

My brain is in the dumps today.  But I didn't drink.  I did get a phone call from the pulmonary dr...they want to do a scan on my lungs again....and a call from the gastro dr...they want to do a scan on my stomach!  STRESS...always...But, the drinking just made the stress more.

​BPD is a fluctuaction in the moods ...drastic ones...bipolar is almost the same...but the bipolar UP moods (mania) last  longer....with us...my therapist said we fluctate many times throughout a day...and there are alot of other aspects to it...I just can identify SO much with the mood flucuation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.