DRY!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have VA. What can you do besides hormones? It causes me to have utis and yeast infections. Not to mention other problems.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Only other solution is a laser treatment called monalisa not covered by insurance VA caused me years of Uti's and. Fir me hormones didn't work

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I don't understand why insurance won't help cover this. I'm dealing with two infections at the same time. It looks like the antibotic is not working this time and today is last dose. I don't mean to sound like a pity party, but I have read a few comments on here and I feel so sorry for these ladies that are in more pain than I am.

• Posted

Hi Melinda

have you heard about D Mannose a supplement to help with UTI's.  Also taking probiotics for Urinary Tract which is suppose to help with all the antibiotics we have to take for UTI's.  I drink a lot of water now with 100% Pure cranberry organic juice not concentrated, no sugar added and non GMO.  I filll my glass with mostly water and top it off with pouring some of the juice and drink that several times a day.  Also VERY important is to go pee many times during the day even if you don't feel the urge.  All these have been very helpful. I only have one cup of coffee in the morning and had to cut back on Chocolate 🙁.

As for VA.  The Vagifem is the only thing that works for me.  It's amazing how different we all are and something may work for some and not for others.  The insurance companies should definitely cover the Mona Lisa Touch treatment for those of us that suffer from VA!  Many want it to enhance intimacy.........I understand, but for me to be pain free and feel normal is so much more important.....to have quality of life!

Hopefully in time they will cover it when they realize how many need it and are suffering.

we are all here for each other.  Take good care!

Blessings,

wendy

• Posted

Hi Melinda, I am in the UK and have been battling VA for a year.  I am using Vagifem and it has helped me. The truth is that everyone's battle is different. It is a horrible confdition to have. From my own resesearch, I think that topical hormone treatment, sometimes sytemic HRT and other things help. The Mona Lisa Treatment seems to help women with vaginal dryness but not so much with bladder complaints. I am a bit suspicious of the MLT and wonder if it is a money making venture??!! A lot of women seem to have to use Vagifem alongside or go back for more MLT which is more costly. I am not sure how MLT cures the muscular and cellualar issues of VA and in particular the bladder issies.

• Posted

Thank you. The GYN has given me a rx for Estrace. I think I will try it. But, yes the cranberry I have tried in the past.

Ladies we have to encourage each other.

• Posted

I don't know that much about the MLT. But, I do know I have to find something that works. Everybody is different, which is good. I am grateful I found this site.

Thanks.

• Posted

I started with Estrace just for the first two weeks vaginally then started the Vagifem 2 x weekly (eventually may have to go up).  If I feel discomfort outside I put some Estrace outside...seems to help. Not often though.
  • Posted

I myself used coconut oil for 1.5 years I would melt it and pour into these candy molds that were were tear shaped and used them as suppositories. I found that the best coconut oil to use is Terrasoul superfoods . its around 17.00 on amazon I never haven gotten a jar with mold that's a problem I've encountered with buying it in stores. Its extra virgin expeller pressed pure and unrefined. Just copied off the jar I just received 2 days ago. Look up coconut oil for dry vagina you will be amazed it also kills yeast infections. I too suffered with yeast issues

• Posted

I also agree with the lady above about a probiotic I myself take innate flora 50-14 clinical strength my compounding pharmacist said its a good one. There are probiotics out there specifically for vaginal health if your not using any hormones. With a little research you can find a variety of different things to try. If you don't want to use hormones. I only stopped with daily coconut oil because I'm with a compounding pharmacist now. I still use it occasionally just not every note.

• Posted

I read about using coconut oil, but did not know which one. Thank you so much. I use a carrier oil for my skin.
    • Posted

I don't know that much about compounding. Would yogurt take care of the probiotics? I guess that isn't the right type. Thanks.

• Posted

I don't think that's strong enough you would want something a little more potent. Something with a variety of strains the more strains the better.

• Posted

I believe you would want something with at least 12 strains.
    • Posted

I know everything is costly but once you have some control over it and feel better its so worth it. I am 2 months into compounding estrogen, progesterone, and just started testosterone this week. Its going to run me around 80. Mth but to me its so worth it. Compounding is not covered by most insurances. My only beef with the coconut oil was the mess on sheets
    • Posted

I'm in western pennsylvania and your right sheets can be washed just make sure that you put them in separate container coconut oil stains I kept sheets, towels and underwear separate and away from clothes and always washed on hot. I found a compounding pharmacist and he hooked me up with a Dr that he works with. Another thing that is difficult drs here in US are not willing to write prescription s for compounding

• Posted

I have a compounding pharmacy 18 miles from me. It would be just the rx.
    • Posted

I had a general PCP I had to switch to another Dr. That's in general practice because neither he would or gyno write script. So now I'm just with one Dr. whatever it takes. Where are you located?

• Posted

Kentucky. Sometimes GYN are rushing. But my nurse pactioner takes time and she is my age.
    • Posted

That is so sad for doctors to rush through appointments when we need that extra help and encouragement......glad the nurse practioner took her time with you Melinda!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.