Dry eyes

Posted , 16 users are following.

is anyone suffering from dry eyes, I used to be able to wear contacts but am unable to do ao now. I also feel pressure on the top of my eyes.

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. Mabel yes I do get the dry eyes too, I have mention on here a while ago that when I went to the eye clinic appointment I attend 2 times year Doctors saw hormone flatuations so I think that causes the eyes to be dry or what ever your experiencing 

this is common in menopause most people seem to get it hugs xxx

• Posted

Thanks for the info, now i need to fond somethong other than restasis that will help aleviate the dtyness
    • Posted

Hi Mabel,  I  have dry eye too, and couldn't use restasis.  I tried others but if they had any preservatives in them, I couldn't use them.  I finally found Thera Tears (available at most pharmacies), and that has no preservatives. It works well for me.  

• Posted

Mabel, I think maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the name of the eyedrops I found so helpful. If  the forum board deletes from my previous post, then just go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to point out eye drops for dry eye that do not have preservatives. Okay? Maybe that will help you. I know how awful dry is. I often use a warm, wet compress just above my eyes and also find some relief when my eyes are painful.

• Posted

Hi, yes, I can only wear my contacts for about 4 hours, or else they fall out of my eyes completely dry.
  • Posted

Yes I get dry eyes SO BAD that many mornings I am unable to open them for awhile! Plus my eye lids get an inflammed bump thats red and VERY sore! I have been fighting this issue since peri! My eye doctor says its from my eyes getting so dry and then my hormones causes the acne and inflammation. I use eye onimate that eye doctor gave me. I will also get the heavy feeling kinda like an impending hive I take bendryal lotion with qtip and apply it on my eye lid it helps a lot. I also have even used polysproin when my eyes lids feel and look inflammed. I also never had acne when a teenager BUT since peri started years ago I fight facial acne REALLY bad and still do SOME months are worse than others.
  • Posted

I feel that wit heaviness an unbalance feekin in my head ..do u feel same besides dry eyes?
    • Posted

Yes that happens you feel like out of space feeling yes I thought I was gonna float away lol but its a weird feeling so your not alone
    • Posted

Hi

I have that feeling alot for past 5months. I hate feeling this way. Can't constrate, blank, overwhelmed, on edge ,foggy, ect . Also have no motivation to do anything has lot to do with cloudy feeling in my head . I'm so done with this. As read this is only the beginning. Also feel lost in my thoughts. Wish could snap my fingers and be somewhat normal.

• Posted

Yes. Me too. I cry a lot but still have dry eyes. My lids stick to my eye ball in the morning. I use dry eye drops when I put in my lense and take it out. ( I only use 1 ) At night I use the spray infront of my eyes and when I wake as it can be very uncomfortable. When I was on HRT, no dry eyes and the lense stayed in. As sochima says when the eye is dry, the lense falls out Sometimes I feel it float about as it becomes detatched.
    • Posted

Eek, I wake up with my eyes stuck and during the day they feel so dry. Im thinking about using bio identical hormones
  • Posted

Yes yes yes I have to buy the drops they are pricey but hey it helps the lubricant ones try that it will help with the pressure as well it's because when our eyes are dry it makes our nose dry and the muscle's get tight hope this was a help

• Posted

Hi yes I have also have dry eyes since peri it's really irritating eyes water constantly an feel like i gt sand in them in the morning... I asked why are they tearing if they dry it's cause our tears have nt got enough oily lubricant in them due to hormone changes..

My eye doc gave me special drops expensive but really work to lubricate the eyes.... putting make up on is a problem.....

• Posted

Yes, dry eues are a royal pain. I have to yawn or think of something sad to make mt eyes twar at times. Drops are not wirking for me
    • Posted

My eye doc explained our tears are not oily enough so tears won't fix dry eyes.... my eyes water all day due to dry eyes it's very irritating as my makeup runs everywhere....I'm using very good drops but hav to put in 3x a day to help...

• Posted

I wear makeup too but I can't wear eye makeup because of irritation and itchiness. My eyes water too, such that by the end of the day I have no makeup from wiping the tears off my face. I just started on some new eye drops so far it's working to keep my eyes from watering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.