Dry/Flaky Penis & Forskin w/o Symptoms (Pics Added)

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

A few months back I noticed a change in the shaft of my penis. This occured after allowing a women to perform oral sex while not wearing a condom. Nothing happened at first but then a month later my penis became dry and flaky. I've seen several doctors and even had a Cystoscopy, yet they say nothing seems wrong. I recently took pictures and its especially dry and flaky after showers but on a normal day it just looks like rough skin. I was thinking it could be a yeast infection?? Anyone know what this could be? I'm 22 of age and I provided pictures.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There can be many reasons for dry skin on penis. Dry penis skin on its own is usually not a cause for concern and tends to be easily treatable.

It is though important to get the condition formally diagnosed, as penis dry skin can be indication of more serious problems and the consequences could be serious if left untreated.

Likely Causes For Dry Penis Skin

Penis dry skin is quite common and can happen to men at any age. It is usually the penis shaft or penis head that is dry, but dry testicle skin or scrotum are also well known.

Sexual Behavior

The penis skin is sensitive and can easily become sore and dry, e.g. rubbing the penis against clothing during foreplay, or not using lubrication when masturbating, can cause the penis to become dry and sore.

In many cases, dry skin on penis is caused by how we treat our penis skin on daily basis, i.e. before, during, and after sexual intercourse and masturbation. This is usually easy to treat, e.g. by moisturizing, wearing loose fitted underwear, and resting the penis until the condition has improved.

When To Get Worried Over Dry Penis Skin

As we have seen, the most common causes for dry skin on penis are not serious and easily treatable. It is still important to treat dry penis skin, as if left untreated it can result in more serious issues.

Usually moisturizing, wearing loose fitted underwear, and abstaining from sexual activities for few days will clear your dry skin condition. If you suffer from skin allergy or penis skin condition, then you might need some prescribed medication to help you get over it.

However, if the dry skin on penis does not heal and if it starts to spread or you have other penis problems, then you might suffer from some more serious condition, like STD or penis cancer.

• Posted

Try stopping all detergents / soaps / shower gels from removing the natural oils

from your penile skin and or sometimes haveing an alergic reaction.

To do this only wash your penis / genitals with water only. Try this for four weeks and watch for improvement.

But always go see your doctor for their opinion.

Good luck

Rease

• Posted

Just an update. I have tried some methods like water washing my private area, keeping it moisterized with vaseline and what I wear. It seems alittle better even though it has only been a week. So I will keep doing it until the month is out and update. But I am pretty sure it has to do with overwashing my genitals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.