I am having white patches on penis shaft ...

Posted , 35 users are following.

I am having white patches on penis shaft ...Attached are th pics for reference..

Thanks

6 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Those look unusual.  Some questions:

How long have you had them?  Are they changing?  Are they flaky at all (can you scrape parts off?)

Is it just your penile shaft or are your scrotum or glans (penile head) or other parts of your body affected?

Are you taking any medications or other drugs (in particular antibiotics) ?

Are you diabetic, or do you have other health conditions that might be relevant.

How old are you, and are you or have you ever been sexually active?

Maybe eczema, penile vitiligo or pityriasis versicolor, but I'd get checked out if I were you.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

These links may help:

https://patient.info/health/eczema-triggers-and-irritants

https://patient.info/health/vitiligo-leaflet

https://patient.info/health/pityriasis-versicolor-leaflet

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Hi ,

I am 19 and a virgin ..I don't have any medical conditions ...It's not flaky .. I think its there for quite some time , but I didn't really noticed before ..

It's on penis shaft only and nowhere else ...I am little embarassed to tell someone ,so decided to post it here ...

• Posted

That rules out an STI, but I still think you should get checked out.  Sure, it will probably be very embarrassing, but I can guarantee that doctors have seen it all before, and a lot more besides.  As I often point out here, women have to lie on their backs with their legs in the air on a regular basis, while a stranger looks inside them with a speculum and flashlight, so we men have it easy.  There are way too many men who won't see a doctor till they absolutely have to, and it's something we need to change.

Maybe it's something to do with the camera or the lighting, but your penis appears to be a lot darker than your fingers btw.  That's normal to a certain extent and one of the things that happens during puberty, but the difference seems more pronounced than unusual in those pics.  It's probably just normal variation (we're all different down there), but there's a very small chance that could be a sign of an endocrine problem or acanthosis nigricans.

• Posted

(typo - meant to say "more pronounced than usual"wink

• Posted

I know , its kinda dark (lol).. but I don't know for what reason and certainly I cannot do anything about it . Anyway, thanks a lot for the info ..I'll definitely get it checked ..

• Posted

bro what is the treatment if it is sti i have same but very small and they are around 5-6 what should i do?

• Posted

bro . is it fixed or not. am so worried whether it's just fingal disease or some std

• Posted

Men do have to have a stick shoved up their shaft so i think both men and female have discomfort

• Posted

Hi

Did you find out what it was? I think I have a similar problem and I am anscious to know. It will be great what the prognosis was. Thanks.

• Posted

Did you ever find out what was causing this problem? I'm also having the same exact issue.Been to my primary doctor and he doesn't know what it is. Been using a cream for a fungus because that's what he thought it was. It's not going away. Made an appointment with a dermatologist haven't had the appointment hoping to get some info.

• Edited

Im also having the same problem has anyone found out what it is????? Im also using antifungal cream
    • Posted

With me the doctor gave me hydrocortisone ointment 2.5 % . twice a day for 2 weeks once once a day for a week everything was cleared up and gone.
    • Edited

I have exactly same issues ..can I use the same ointment for my problem ?
    • Posted

bro . is it fixed or not. am so worried whether it's just fingal disease or some std. can i know what its is

• Edited

Hello everyone, specially @savage35667

there's nothing to worry about.

This is not any kind of STD or STI, this a fungal infection. It's a variation of Tenia crusis, a common fungal infection. It should not create any complications, but there are some medications for this also. If it feels necessary, you can visit a doctor (or get online consultation) and they will prescribe you some creams and shampoo based on your medical condition and history. It may come back again and again if you do not use those medicines properly of stop using halfway.

BTW keep yourself away from unhealthy sexual relationships to be protected from any possible STD that can attack you on future.

Have a nice day and wish you a good health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.