dry mouth

Posted , 7 users are following.

This has been going on for about six months now.  it use to be on and off but now its like everyday constant.  i have tried the biotene mouth wash, the sprays, cold water.  nothing seems to help me.  i had it before and it went away.  but now it doesnt seem to be doing that.  has anyone tried anything else besides the mouth wash and spray??????  so tired of it. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One thing I forget to mention, Karen, just in case you hadn't already worked this out for yourself. When dealing with dry mouth, whatever the cause, it's important to take small sips of water at frequent intervals. Drinking large quantities at a time will wash away what little saliva you have and increase the risk of tooth decay and mouth infections.

I hope you can soon find a solution to your problem.

• Posted

I did not know this but that is exactly what I do. I carry around a tall plastic glass with a straw of water and sip it all day long.
  • Posted

Try xymelts help .I think I have the correct spelling of that. JEANNIE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.