Dull pain in right side ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have gallstones just waiting for my pre op in April. Today I was sat down and started feeling really sick. After about 30mins the sickness went away but after i've had this constant dull ache in my right side around gallbladder, and every 5mins i will get a sudden sharp pain lasting seconds.This has been going on about 7hours now. Anyone had this?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sorry to read you are poorly, try eating beetroot, cucumber and celery mixed. Look up online for things like this to help. Sorry can't stay longer gotta get to work.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

...yes, and in addition cut out all fatty food food and that includes hidden fats if your eating processed or packaged foods you need to carefully read the ingredients whilst your out shopping because believe it or not what you see out their on supermarket shelves that looks like food isnt really pure food theres whole of sh*t that goes in their that we dont see.

For example: macaroni cheese has full fat milk, double cream and full cheese - avoid - enought to bring on an attack

98% of all sandwiches contain mayonise which is made from milk, egg and butter - FAT FAT FAT

...and so on....

be on the look out for hydrogenated fats per 100g, the lower the better on Nil is good

The best way is to go all fruits and veg only and organic, then re-introduce other things one-by-one until you can find out what you need to avoid.

• Posted

My doc said to reduce fat rather than cut it out as the body and brain needs good fats.

• Posted

Yeh, thats actually right, you need the good fats like olive oil, nuts avocado, etc

however, it is wise to 'cut' out the bad fats, the ones that would make your system go on overide, like for example: hydrogenated fats, butter, sugar, deep fried food would do to the cardiovascular, biliary, pancreatic (diabetes) system.

• Posted

...btw, i think there comes a point in life where we have to accept the fact that we are old/matured enough in life (for normal people who dont have anything from early adult life or childhood), to start getting prepared for the next phase of life (otherwise things might go down-hill). For example, the onset of cardiovascular, biliary, pancreatic disease is not at the same age for everyone but you have to take a hint like if you doctor says (like in my case) cholestrol is elevated at border-line + gallstones = which means to watch what you eat and exercise. Its not easy with all the fancy foods like crisp, chocs, cakes, doughnuts, KFC, fish & chips, etc on display right where the desire is strong for the eyes but it takes willpower to stick to. At the moment i have put on 5 kg in one year but I have my favourite food(s) only once a month as a treat. So, far im doing well this year but before I used to take the treat to dive-in, so like the recent research findings by the BBC diets aren't sustainable without willpower and motivtion.
  • Posted

I seem to be sticking at 12 stone exactly, I am 5'4" and female obviously. I do three to four cleaning jobs a week humping vacuums up six flights of stairs not doing my piles any good, and then I walk my tow dogs for an hour every day. My sleep pattern is shot to hell and if atone has any home remedies for piles please let me know. I can;t afford the Preparation H!

• Posted

Thanks for your replies, i have been cutting out all the fatty food I used to eat sad. The pain has now gone after 36hours, Lucky i got this week of work! I was worried my gallbladder had come inflamed but the pain seems to have gone now. smile April cant come soon enough.
  • Posted

Hi, I had my gall bladder finally removed yesterday after suffering pain on and off for the past six months, the last month had been awful, a trip to A&E twice, my pain was constant, therefore not getting much sleep and still having to go to work, I was told to go on a low fat diet which stopped the pain for 3 weeks then all of a sudden pain was back again, I was waiting for my operation date to come through, because of the pain starting up again I rang admissions to see where I was on the list and managed to get a cancellation for the next day(yesterday) didn't have no time to worry about the operation, I'm so glad it is over, hope I do not get any more pain as it was making my life a misery, hope your operation comes through soon, all the best as I know what you are going through.
  • Posted

Sandy be aware that there might be complications after removal, you may still get all or some of the pain you had WITH your GB or could end up with Bile Salt Malabsorption which is horrendous!!!

Look that up on Facebook and see what is posted.

Best wishes

• Posted

@Chelsea fc: WOW! you had your GB bladder removed yesterday and you are here with us today just shows how nice & smooth the op went, lemme know how the next few days go whether you have any side-effects or anything (pain, diarreah, etc)

best wishes ;-)

• Posted

It's now been 2 months since I had my gall bladder removed, for two weeks after I suffered with upset tummy , going toilet up to 6 or more times a day and was really worried about going back to work, I decided to take Imodium on my first day which helped a great deal, I stopped taking it after two days and have had no trouble with upset tummy since, back to my normal routine, I can honestly say I feel great now, pain free, not having to worry if the pain is going to come back, saw my consultant last week and was told to eat and drink what I want, was told that my gall bladder was chronically inflamed, have also healed up nicely.
  • Posted

@designergirl12 you seem to be doing well with the physical activity, its all good for the health whereas my job is mostly based in front of a computer, i guess maybe thats how i got my piles - sitting too much.

...But for the piles increase fibre and fluids, it works, beleive me - is it stage II or III piles ?

Although mine is not cured (it has a mind of its own), fibre and fluids is your best remedy. If its 2nd degree internal, it could take time to disappear, i hope i will not have to see a doctor because once they intervene it could really mean anything. (They say banding and injection is simple, but not in reality, there could be side-effects which could lead to the ultimate hemmerhoidectomy)

• Posted

Hi Trex

I used to sit at a computer, hence my user name, but after redundancy in 2010 I went cleaning as I could not get another job due to age. I don't think I could lose any more weight as I have stuck at what I am for years apart from a trip to Texas for ten days and put on 22lbs!

I have no idea what stage my piles are , they have just started so I guess stage 1, they are internal at the back and previously I could feel pulling in that area when I bent over!

I had terrible piles years ago after having a 10ib baby, and had them injected. I must say life was much much easier after that.

I went back to eating the way I should the day before yesterday, and it feel better, still a constant dull ache down the right side but I am used to that. My problem is bread. Can't leave the stuff alone and it gives me terrible wind.

• Posted

I'm kind of in a similar situation now bcause work in the IT sector has gone poor due saturation in the industry and low paid workers, i was looking for cleaning jobs but now that i had surgery recently arm needs to heal, cant lift anything more heavier than mobile phone and the arm is not flexible yet, but in your case theres loadsa people in admin - you might want to consider that (or perhaps you have), oh and yeh though i was made redundant from admin 2011 though my main skill sector is in IT, typing and writing is ok but i need to give my wrist a wrest coz its still swollen then i could start looking again but bear this in mind IT industry is massive.

OK, internal:

stage 1 pile is only if you see drops of blooed in the commode

stage 2 is if it protudes when you go but then goes back in again on its own

stage 3 is same as stage 2 but needs to be pushed back in manually

stage 4 is permanantly hanging

(you want it to go beyond stage 2)

did you have any side-effects/complications from the injection ? (i've heard injection doesn't always work and if it doesnt they cant do banding on it - straight for surgery which is a BIG No No and banding is painful and also similarly have complications and side-effects).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.