Dull pain on my right side below rib cage

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have a dull pain on my right side below my rib cage i have had it off and on for 9 months .

I am wondering if it is my kidney`s , i am 56 and weigh 300lb which is not good for my 5ft 3in frame but as from today i will be not touching bread cakes biscuits and chocolate .

I also love butter but with giving up bread will not be touching the butter , i hope this helps me.

Would love to hear from those with similar symptoms.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I weigh 204 pounds and I am 5'2" at times i worry about my kidneys because I'm diabetic and I have a thyroid problem and blood pressure problems. I use to weigh 260 pounds now I'm down to 204 with a lot of walking and moving around 

The best thing is to keep your sugar under control and try to work out to lose weight. Yes it is hard but you can do it. Also get checked out with you kidneys to put your mind at ease it could just be a UTI that you have. At times I worry when I have pain on my left side and cramping in my abdomen thats what I worry about at times 

Keep me posted on how things are going 

• Posted

Yeah I started feeling this dull pain last week. It is also on my right side below the rib-cage but on the side and back not front. It is not painful when I rest of sleep or even sit but when I press-touch hard the area. Even the skin has become sensitive to touch. I hope it goes away and it is a simple cold but if not then I have to see my doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.