Duloxetine 60mg reviews

Posted , 11 users are following.

Is any one on duloxetine 60 mg?

For how long and how are you feeling?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on 60 mg for about 2 or 3 weeks. I quick taking it and went back on Fluoxetine. I was so sick. Still having withdrawals.
  • Posted

I was on Duloxetine 60mg for a few weeks before the dose was increased.

It did make me feel incredibly nauseous, upset stomach and agitated. But these side effects stopped after about 3 weeks. I've now been on 120mg for 10 months and get no negative side effects.

How are you finding it?

• Posted

I have been. There are Facebook groups for many different antidepressants. Sadly people tend to be far more vocal when something hasn't worked out for them than when it does.

I have withdrawn from duloxetine before and also from venlafaxine which is supposed to be worse than duloxetine. Yes, the withdrawals are hard but it's doable if you take it slowly.

Having tried numerous antidepressants this one is finally doing some good for me. I don't know where I would be now without it.

I think it's terribly sad when somebody comes on to this site to ask a question and all they get is scaremongering and people trying to put them off of trying something that may be of great benefit to them. We all react to antidepressants very differently. Just because it didn't work for you does not mean it's a bad drug, it just means it didn't work for you.

• Posted

at 30mg it took me out of a serious bad hole of anxiety. i was bedridden for 4 weeks. and it seemed to help but still felt a little on edge.. but now on 60 mg and im starting to feel extreme anxiety again. i just dont know what to do, do i keep taking it hoping for my body to get used to it of do i change to another bed. just dont know... i feel super weird. shakey and slow and anxious. rolleyes afraid to come off it but afraid to be a mess again also. i just want somethin that works for me now eugh 
    • Posted

I'd give it another couple of weeks if you can and see if it settles again. If they don't, go back to see your doctor and switch to something else.

Keep us posted on how you're getting on smile

• Posted

I'm genuinely afraid niw 😑 sad been without meds for 2 days now and feeling absaloutly horrible. But I'm so drained from the shift in my moods.. awh I already feel like im falling downhill again. Was supposed to call my doctor today but I feel too tired to today now . Agh thanks lucy though. I'll keep you updated on what I do from here rolleyes x

• Posted

Please call your doctor asap. You may be getting withdrawal side effects even after a relatively short time.

How about going back down to 30mg for now rather than stopping totally, just until you can speak to your doctor?

• Posted

Yes I agree. I have been on Venlafaxine and

then desvenlafaxine and now my neurologist wants to change me to cymbalta.

I have been so afraid to switch because of what I read on face book groups but

I never thought about already being on some of the others.

I guess I am just afraid.

• Posted

im

no doctor please dont take itim having issues with EbV EPSTEIN BARR VIRUS i feel

completely like garbage chronic fatigue red rash dont itch dry mouth sore throat cant breathe ay night properly. this drug is NfG IN MY OPINION refuse itlook at other options are you low in vitamin d there is CbT AND DBT counselling

• Posted

i took 60mg for a year. its the drug from the pit of hell. they dont show you the guy who rips out your soul and stomps your brain flat. i quit may 3rd cold turkey. the worst withdrawal ive ever had. im 58 and have withdrawn from many things. beware of this drug !!!!
  • Posted

I took this for 6 weeks at 60. If your taking it after 6 weeks have your blood taken cause there is a 1% population this drug is fatal. Your fatigued, sweating, jaundice in eyes, sore eye sockets, dry mouth. Everyone has different symptons. After when you find out your having symptons the real nightmare begins withdraw. Insomnia, dry mouth fatigue, sweating, hot flashes, lack of sex, irritability, mimics depression, makes you feel like a zombie low self esteem, weight gain for me, numb, thinking of suicide, when does it end. Well don't play Russian roulette with this drug. It is total garbage. I still get my waves and in total took this drug for 2 months.  This drug will screw you up.  I wouldn't risk anyone or  promote this drug to anyone.  Why hasn't this drug banned.  They ban Cannibis. We are pawns runned by greedy cockroaches. They will get there day when judged by God.  They've destroyed lives..I see people now zombie state of mind pump on drugs.  My vent over 

• Posted

I was started on 30mg a couple of months ago  as I have BPD, diagnosed in March this year and intially treated with Pregabalin 200mg, which seems to be working okay. I've got GAD with Depression (a long term state of affairs- at least 18 years duration) Previously, I  had been on fluoxetine 30mg. daily, with no side effects. The first few weeks on duloxetine  I wasn't aware of major issues, but  then noticedt my anxiety was worsening, so my psych. told me to increase to 90mg. However, at that point, the anxiety spiked badly, and I started feelingreally depressed, to the point of becoming  suicidal. Rang psych. for emergency  advice, assuming he'd tell me the med. was to blame (my own belief), and reduce amount of duloxetine prior to getting off it and back onto something else, but instead he told  me to increase it to 120 daily .I am far too concerned about the effects I am currently experiencing  to comply, so instead, I've cut back to 30again, and asked my GP for some emergency diazepam to help me through withdrawal and reduce my anxiety symptoms. I genuinely don't think this drug is safe or helpful for me so  I intend to try to stop it, and then assuming f I feel better without it, and am able to cope without diazepam, I will speak with psych. again, regarding possible alternative courses of action.

It's interesting to see that I'm not alone in expereincing increased Anxiety/Depression when using medication supposed to decrease those very symptoms!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.