Dusting/Forum

Posted , 14 users are following.

i absolutely LOVE and am so thankful for this forum and all the wonderful people in it. No matter our pain and miseries with this unwanted illness and pain, we must keep our sense of humour. I had washed and starched some  beautiful doilies my mother had crocheted many years prior to her death. Sooo, after the posts of dusting, I took off EXTREMELY DUSTY DIRTY(well nobody could see it, right?) doilies, dusted and cleaned the glass portions of my end tables. Then put the beautiful ones I had "put away", for what, I don't know, as I love doilies, on my nice, clean end tables. I am in Michigan, USA, weather weird, we use heat one day, AC the next, lots of humidity.  I really enjoy reading posts from you all in other countries. My hubby and I have never had funds to travel to other countries.  Please stay as well as you can, thanks for sharing your experiences with everyone. We know we are not alone, JUDY 

2 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I loved reading your post about the doilies😊 I love doilies and have some!....but don't really use them. They are like tending a garden! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face,

• Posted

My mother  did lots of crochet work and I have a lovely tablecloth with linen insets that she made before she was married. It has been well-used and shows no sign of wear.

When she died we found lots of little crotchet medallions which were going to be made into another cloth but I now use as coasters as I don't have her skill.

Love this thread; it's like mogern social history. Pleas keep it going. 

• Posted

Well, I even have crochet items my dear grandma made. My mom couldn't teach me to crochet, but I learned to knit from my 5th grade teacher. Some years later I got a learn how book and taught myself crochet. I have made many toys and clothing for grands when they were little. Also have made tablecloths and doilies for others and myself. Glad I gave you a smile

• Posted

My mom (now 92) crochet snowflakes ?? that we hang on our Christmas tree.  They are 2-3" and each one is different. She did something to make them stiff. It was a great project for her and nice keepsakes for the family 😁

• Posted

A favourite little craft for people here seems to be to crochet inside a thin bangle and that can be hung by a thread onto a Christmas tree.  One of the teachers at my school gave me several when I volunteered and later I bought more.  They are very pretty and completely durable.
  • Posted

Hi All just to let you know I was sent back to hospital via ambulance on the 16th June, this time with Liver/kidney failure my lefts were deranged so spent 5 days for the docs to set me going again. The only problem is that my sight is a bit worse, so can't spend too much timee in front of the screenn. I'll try later to answer you all. Thanks for the support.

• Posted

Sheila, big hug from me.  Hope you feel a whole lot better very soon.  ❤

• Posted

Hi Sheila, just to let you know I'm thinking of you and I'm sending you lots of positive healing and love.  Regards Pat

• Posted

Sure puts things in perspective for the rest of us, Sheila. Hope you continue to feel better. Sending good wishes your way😊

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your hospital trip and additional illness. Praying for good results hugs from USA, Judy 
    • Posted

Thaks Pat, woke this morning with a massive headache but feeling a bit better tho my eyes are still a bit dim, I feel the steroids are working now and I am now down to 45m. Back in hosp on the 4th July as a day admission.
    • Posted

Hi Sheila, dear love you, but you're having a time of it.  Thank goodness you are feeling a wee bit better now.  I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to reduce steroids until you see Medics.  I will be thinking of you on 4th July and will be sending some healing and positive energy over the airwaves to you.  Regards Pat

• Posted

It is great to be able to get together whwre ever we are in the world and talk about our experience the lows and the highs. Haven't been able to get back on my laptop for ages as the pain with Arteritis and pain in my only kiddly has exacerbated terribly. I take Morphine for the kiddly but that doesn't help at all with  the GCA so I take tramadol or Acupan. Today feeling a bit better although I was at hoispital Wednesday and Thursday then at the docs friday for my usual blood test every six weeks. So Judy nice to catch up with you. I have a friend who lives in West Bloomfield in Michigan, she is British but has been in the USA for years.

• Posted

Thinking of you Sheila, lots of love,  from Australia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.