EBV & CMV Blood results

Posted , 7 users are following.

I received my blood test results today for both CMV and EBV. Both tests indicate past infection. just wondering if anyone had the same result 8 or 9 weeks after symptoms started? really worried it's something else. image

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck and take it easy. See if anyone will watch your kids. My symptoms and fever finally broke 2 months in. I needed surgery 2 months after recovery and it's been a solid week of relapse but I am taking it easy. So I feel better sooner than the first time symptoms hit. I am taking Lysine, milk thistle, ovablend, cortisol manager 2 x a day and vitamin C, D and 5-Methyl folate 1 x a day. Finally free of a fever today. Eat well and see a naturopathic doctor.

• Posted

Thank you. I hope you feel better soon! I feel a lot better than I did, the only remaining symptoms are tiredness and the Lymph Nodes. I'm still getting more come up and tha t is the scariest part x

• Posted

Hi Excited for Good,

Goodness what a time you've been through lately, I hope that the surgery went smoothly and that you are recovering well from that as well as mono. That sounds like some good advice regarding the vitamins and herbs, definitely seeing a herbalist or natural doctor is something I would recommend too and helped me a lot during recovery.

A good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), a B complex vitamin and/or Co-enzyme Q10, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, echinacea, oregano are ones I found very helpful during recovery. Also the 'baking soda remedy' for one or two weeks. Of course before starting any vitamins or herbs, it's so important to check for any interactions with other medications / conditions, and to get the right advice on things - I'm no expert just doing on things that helped me.

Craig

• Posted

Hoping so much that the lymph nodes can settle down Sam, just want to remind you that this is normal and classic mono, another sign there is a real possibility even probability that this is mono that you have been going through.

And it can feel very intense and severe and painful when you get these lymph node swellings, I remember that indeed - but it does go away Sam, believe me it does - hang in there and thinking about you - remember keep yourself hydrated, eat well and taking vitamins and herbs too, just look after yourself and get plenty of rest, mentally as well as physically - do something you enjoy if you can that takes your mind off things but doesn't used up a lot of energy, even if it's just watching fav film or tv show, reading, going for a short walk, listening to mindfulness or relaxation videos on You Tube, having a bath - whatever you find works for you - be kind to yourself as your body has been going through such a hard time right now (but it will get better!).

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.