Ebv test

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i was just wondering my ebv test said under 18.0 negative and over 22.0 it was positive and my number was 326 and for the antibodies it was the same numbers and my antibodies were greater than 600 so both said i was definitely positive. Do any of you know what your numbers were. that was mine

from 3 weeks ago and ive been sick 3 months. just wondering when they went down.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hey Josh,

Let me preface this post with, "I'm not a doctor." When i was at around 3 months I was at 160. Significantly lower than you. But I also had mono as a kid and so likely had antibodies already working. During my last flare up in December (1year after diagnosis) I was 129. I know from your posts you feel awful and your number would indicate that. Did you start the monolaurin yet?

I am also curious to know other people's numbers. please chime in folks.

Sorry Josh:(

• Posted

monolaurin is coconut extract its is supposed to be antibacterial antiviral and antifungal. Just look it up and read the reviews and stories. It was worth a try since the doctors literally did nothing but tell me you will get better eventually.

• Posted

i know one of mine was over 600 that was 5 months ago got retested a few months back and not much had changed ...so im not getting another one ..too depressing

• Posted

wow Lori! so sorry. I feel pretty lucky compared to you and Josh. I'm so so sorry for you both:(

• Posted

also my number is EBV ICA IgM. just want to make sure we are talking about the same number. and to give you and idea of how i felt at 160... i did a 10mile trail run at that number... with the help prednisone. So i def was able to work and do things. but i remember getting relapses often, likely bc i never stopped and my immune system was compromised so i got sick easily.

• Posted

if you knew you had the ebv virus why would you do a 10 mile run ? you cant be that sick ? thats what got me into this mess ..over working out . now i feel terrible most days and can just manage a walk but i am so dizzy.

• Posted

No at that time i thought i was cured and had a lot of prednisone in my body so i felt pretty amazing thanks to that steroid. What I didnt mention was that a day after that run I was sick and relapsed for two weeks. based on what you all have said, my sickness has been significantly less severe than yours.

• Posted

Mine like most people seem to come and go. I felt much better for three days i golfed 9 holes both days for some exercise and hangout with my buddies. I stayed up late waiting on my girlfriend to get off work until 2am and woke up at 8 and couldnt go back to sleep. I also drank 3-4 beers one of those days and once again i didnt feel good at all for two days. I feel better than i did but also just do not have the want to try to do anything because i am scared to feel bad. I have a scope on my throat and stomach tomorrow to check for ulcers so i have a feeling i will feel bad from that.

• Posted

yes im the same not many good days for me maybe 2 in the last month . when you have an ok day you just want to 'live ' 'go out' and just be human! i relapsed badly after one night out i was home by 8 pm but was wired and couldnt get to sleep until 2am. that one night set me back immensely i was doing pretty well staying up later longer walks and then i went and messed it all up .

• Posted

I don't seem to feel super tired anymore but i do seem to feel more sick if i do get tired from doing stuff. I felt terrible for two-three weeks but am feeling better no where near 100% but i can go and do stuff most of the time if i want notjinng crazy though.

• Posted

Hey Bianca / Josh / Lori / Krys,

Definitely empathising with that frustration of things being so up and down during recovery from this horrible virus - you can feel so hopeful when a better spell or some good days come and then it can seem to almost go backward at times and hit you hard again and it brings all the emotions crashing down again too. I think that's definitely a big factor in why this virus is so hard to cope with mentally as well as physically, it's the rollercoaster of emotions it takes you on as well as the rollercoaster of symptoms.

Just want offer some words of encouragement and reassurance, that my experience was that this zig-zag up and down process, which happened with me too, does settle down as time goes on and your body does find that stability and resilience again when it feels well and is able to do more stressful activities again without feeling so fragile or suffering for it in the days / weeks after it. So hang in there, better times are ahead and I'm believing that for all you guys and that full recovery is going to manifest over the coming period for each of you.

Craig

• Posted

Lori...I don't think you have messed anything up at all - this is just the way with this virus, you are trying to do things to help yourself and it's so frustrating when you feel worse physically afterwards for doing that. It's not always going to be this way though you ARE going to get better and stronger and back to good health. I FIRMLY believe that.

Craig

• Posted

My antibodies were over 600 and the current infection was the 326 but i was normal on the other two i believe. I felt terrible a month and a half then felt good for a week and the past few days i have felt pretty bad again. I felt better after i started taking the monolaurin but i upped my dose and have felt worse since. I am hoping my body adjust to the stronger dose soon because right now i feel just like i did a few weeks ago. I also went to a holistic doctor who is checking my blood for lead testosterone levels and adrenal glands. I am hoping we can find some fixes for this before i got super sick i was pretty sure i was gay i had no sexual desire towards my beautiful girlfriend and was tired often was thinking over work so she is checking that.

• Posted

maybe lower the monolaurin so you can feel better and increase when you are up for it. if you're thinking you will rush your healing by uping your dose, you won't. your timeline doesn't match the virus's.

• Posted

I think mine comes in 990mg capsules i took they for 9 days and moved to two one in the morning and one at night. I fogured that was plenty of time to get adjusted but i may be wrong on that.

• Posted

mine come in 600. I take 3 a day and felt sick for the first 4 days but now im pretty good. still taking 3 a day

• Posted

has it helped you ? i tried it months ago but was taking too much and felt terrible . now i have relapsed and thinking of trying it again as i cant feel much worse than i do now .

• Posted

I do believe it was helping me when i was taking 900mg i think it made me worse when i started taking it twice a day. I also took olive leaf to with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.