Ecoli and uti infection

Posted , 11 users are following.

Im a male 27 years and ive had uti for a few days. Well turns out there was a trace of ecoli in my urine test. Anyone else experinced this and have foughten it

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It doesn’t matter  if you are male or female , if you have E. coli in your urine you need antibiotics to clean this up . Go see a doctor .
  • Posted

Hi yes I had this..A course of antibiotics. will cure it..but you need to get retested 3 days after you finish the course. to see is it gone..no need to worry. x
    • Posted

Four courses of antibiotics and still pain in bladder.  E coli came back again so more antibiotics.  Also frequent urination on starting to wake. Diazepam for anxiety. Whats causing this? Funnily enough.daytime urinarion low, mainly starts in early hours 
  • Posted

YES.. I had it and it turned to sepsis three times. My advice is Dr's today or hospital for antibiotics. Please don't leave it to get worse before you go and get help. It's treatable with antibiotics. Don't mean to scare you but I was just silly to leave it.

• Posted

Mariano is completely right, treatable with antibiotics, don't worry about it. I was just silly to leave it.

• Posted

Thanks everyone! How long did it take for ecoli to exit the urine for you guys
  • Posted

My urine culture came e coli positive but i do not have any burning. Just testicle pain which reduce after talking antibiotics ..can antibiotics cure it ? I heard it usually recur ?
  • Posted

There are many bacterias and viruses that survive in our bodies for years but do us no harm but occasionally

they emerge to make us unwell.  Many are resistant to lots of different bacterias but that resistance is not infallible that is why the TB bacteria is thousands of years old & has not been eradicated yet despite there being around six different  antibiotics available to kill it.....

If anyone has a persistent  UTI or one that is on and off for many years I think writing a letter tot he doctors is in order.

• Posted

I am still battling it. Waiting on urology to give me a date for rigid cystoscopy. Burning, pain, bleeding and shivers. Unresponsive to antibiotics. Good luck.
    • Posted

Keep at them and if you feel it is necessary put all in writing because talking and the phone means zero.....   This should not be the case but it is the case.

I found by writing that quite a few doctors never consulted my ancient medical history which I found

quite astonishing but this is happening all the time which must stop forthwith.......  The old saying the pen is mightier than the sword was not brought about by an unread uneducated oaf now was it? 

• Posted

Hello Pammi,   

What type of antibiotics is your infection unresponsive to?

M e.coli type bug became resistant to all of the common antibiotics that a GP can prescribe. I've been treated in hospital for sepsis on two occasions. As soon as I have any symptoms of a UTI then it's straight into hospital for IVAs.

• Posted

On my medical notes that I obtained I see that Ciprofloxacin and another type of antibiotic was given to me intravenously  in 2001. I was sent home with Cipro and metronidazole which prevents C Diff.

Cipro was the antibiotic that eradicated prostatitis for me 18 months ago but I took it for 33 days.....

It has been reported that some patients cannot tolerate Cipro and there are some who talk about getting it banned........   One of my GP's says that this bad reaction to Cipro is not a regular occurrence and only a few are badly affected.........  Some are allergic to any thing they take so that is unfortunate......  I myself had a good outcome but I still do not know what the bacteria was that was affecting me.......   I have my suspicions though because I had TB as a child but did not kmow that illusive bacteria was so hard to detect in the human body as well as the fact that like Arnold Swarzenegger  it can come back! This applies to 10% of the population who was resistant to TB as I was in the forties as in my case.......  I wonder why TB is a bug that has been existing for over five million years  but more worrying is the fact that it still exists and still is illusive as ever and in some instances more resistant to whatever is thrown at it! 

I thought incorrectly that once 'you' have resistance to a bug when young you are resistant for life when in fact as is the chicken pox virus in the body for life so is the TB bacteria similar in it's characteristics. The similarity with the shingles is that TB can affect any tissue within and on the human body......  I find this disconcerting and another fact re TB is the cut off date is 70 years of age for possible referral to get something done about that disease if a person is inflicted with 'it'..

• Posted

Sepsis four times. I have Nitrofurantoin out of hospital. Otherwise it's IV's. Nothing else due to allergies and unresponsive bug's. I didn't seek help when I should have. By the time I did It needed intensive care unit. This is why I now say to others please seek help quickly.

• Posted

Your right telling others about sepsis. I used to think I might be scaremongering when I warned someone, but we know from experience what having sepsis is like and what the outcome can be. If informing someone about the risk stops them getting sepsis than it can't be a bad thing.

Take care.

• Posted

Totally agree with you. It can be a killer but also it can also leave a person with life changing issue's. I know it has me. Wishing you all the best. Hope the infections are well treated.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that.    I was lucky in getting it treated early both times. Some damage to my hip from the first bout,  but nothing compared to less fortunate folks.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

It is unacceptable that the medical profession as a whole do not take waterworks problems a s seriously as they should do.......  It is astounding what waterworks infections can adversely affect

if left untreated ( neglected)........

Some of the few symptoms I had that grew worse over decades was swollen legs due to water retention........ 50 small calculi in my urine over a few months...... blood in my urine as a one off

one day occurence  30 years apart..... the feeling of my bladder having 'marbles' within  when rolling over in bed first thing as I awoke!!!!!!!!!  I could write a book about it and then the nuisance of none of my GP's resolving my problem and then the more serious indignation of a urologist not looking into the fact that I had what I thought I had and that was an infection that got worse and worse.     

Then came the prostatitis when eventually the bug got into my prostate..... Nice

I took to writing letters to 'them' long ago when I was inclined to think 'they' were 'barking up the wrong tree'.   Of course my faith in 'them' has deteriorated to zero. Many do a fantastic job despite my bad experiences so lets hope it is but a small glitch as in my case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.