Ecoli and uti infection

Posted , 11 users are following.

Im a male 27 years and ive had uti for a few days. Well turns out there was a trace of ecoli in my urine test. Anyone else experinced this and have foughten it

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had symptoms since may, antibiotics cleared it but then I believe it has come back or I have prostatis. I took cipro twice, sorted me right out but also gave me pain in arms etc. Keflex is brilliant for uti. D mannose done nothing for me. Now I have a psa blood test tomorrow as it is getting me down. Work has been affected, days out with the kids etc. Really not nice.

• Posted

Yes but when you were OK did the doctor give you a long enough term of antibiotic re Cipro......  I had raised PSA levels that decreased when I took 33 days on strong Cipro....  This is the correct length of course re MIMMS directive.......for prostatitis.  It has been said and is being argued to date that are these short course of antibiotics doing more harm inadvertently than good--- i.e.  Is the bacteria or for that matter multi bacteria being completely eradicated when short courses are administered? 

It simply is not acceptable  when a person is found to be better when antibiotics are taken only to find later

the symptoms return and usually worse than the first episode.  Is medical science not sufficient enough to

ISOLATE THE AFFECTING BACTERIA OR IS IT A FACT THAT IT IS DOWN TO MONEY SHORTAGE THAT DRIVES THE WILL TO APPLY MEDICAL SCIENCE TO THE PROBLEM ?

Neglect can and does affect some men who have waterworks problems that eventually penetrate into the prostate..........  It has been reported that a prostate can give symptoms that are not an infection but then on the other hand is that because the infection was 'there but not detected??????  The little blighters are not seen by the human eye but they can be 'felt' as you will undoubtedly know form your own experiences!

A urologist said to me that I could not prove I had had an infection as he was ushering me out the door but I got in my reply -- well in that case after two months on antibiotics, where have all my symptoms gone to ?then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.