Ectopic beats when I’m at rest and at excersise

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello there my name is Alex I’m a 20 year old female fairly slim do not do any drugs smoke or drink and I do not drink caffeine. Over the past few months I’ve been experiencing a lo I ectopic beats. I do notice them both at rest and during excersise. I must admit they feel really scary. They feel like a big forceful thud and if like someone snatched my breath for a quick second. Do have a lot of anxiety and I am very scared for my heart. But they just happen so frequently 😕 I’ve had 4 heart echoes this year. My last echoe was in mid may of this year. It was normal. But yet I feel like my ectopics have increased 😢. Is it possible that something has changed in my echo within the last few months since it was done ? Please someone help I’m so terrified. They can happen out of the blue or they can happen while I’m doing something. Please someone that experiences the same thing ? 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Alex I am Alain lightly built like you and have experienced palpitations since I was around 12 my father had his first heart attack then which I do honestly believe was and is a trigger for me ie anxiety I tend to get them if I have sugar or hanvent eaten and are to low on sugar, menstruation they’re bad, flue and colds also bad, if I need to burp (gross I know) but palpitations from what I’ve read over the years (I am 32) have something to do with the vagus nerve sometimes therefore air/gas and even bowel movements can relieve them. I like you freeze in my tracks today I had one that went for a couple seconds horrified me especially in public I get more worked up about them than when I’m in my “safe” zone, I to have ad ecg, heart monitor for 3 days, bloods, ultrasound etc and they say what I am experiencing is ... normal, well it’s certainly doesn’t feel normal it weakens my knees out of fear most times but if I’m having a bad anxiety day then it takes Over and I feel out of control And doomed it sucks a lot but I’ve had them since 12 now 32 sometimes they feel like they’re the worst ones I’ve ever had but I have to tell myself I’m okay I’m glad you’re not alone although I wouldn’t wish the feeling on my worst enemy but please know you’re not alone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.