EDOF Zeiss At Lara

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I am looking at this lens as it is apparently the best EDOF out there and was wondering...

1. What is the advantage of having such a rectangular haptic? I mean the rectangular part that extends out from the circular lens part? Seems like will be headache to fit it in the eye capsule?

2. Why does it have those 2 holes in the normal version and 4 in the toric version?

3. Those holes seem like welcome entry doors for PCO cells to move around in the capsule bag?

0 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If LARA/LISA had the plate on all 4 sides it would be the greatest lens ever because the edge would be far far away.

• Posted

Soks, would probably need an excavator to implant and take out (if replacement was required). Kidding 😉

• Posted

probably...but there would be no reason to take it out. also add some reading power to the haptics while we are at it. 😃

• Posted

Hi Worried Husband

You have asked about before about pco - I just found this, copy and pasted from a document where surgeons are discussing their experiences with different lenses, this guy claims there is a lens with zero pco, but everuone have their opinion I guess:

“I have experience with almost all the trifocal lenses, but the one that fits better my needs is the At Lisa, both in the spherical and the toric model. I also like the FineVision a lot.” Jorge L. Alió, MD, PhD, said.

He also uses the Hanita SeeLens, which offers good performance and a zero YAG rate, he said. It is a stable lens that favors near vision and is ideal for patients who have more of a need for near than intermediate. Conversely, the At Lisa is better for people who need sharp intermediate vision.

To see the full document you can google healio.com/ophthalmology/refractive-surgery/news/print/ocular-surgery-news/%7B3c20b435-a4f5-46b0-9edc-da7954c7246d%7D/trifocal-iols-rank-high-in-european-surgeons-preferences?page=2

• Posted

Hi Worried Husband

You have asked about before about pco - I just found this, copy and pasted from a document where surgeons are discussing their experiences with different lenses, this guy claims there is a lens with zero pco, but everuone have their opinion I guess:

“I have experience with almost all the trifocal lenses, but the one that fits better my needs is the At Lisa, both in the spherical and the toric model. I also like the FineVision a lot.” Jorge L. Alió, MD, PhD, said.

He also uses the Hanita SeeLens, which offers good performance and a zero YAG rate, he said. It is a stable lens that favors near vision and is ideal for patients who have more of a need for near than intermediate. Conversely, the At Lisa is better for people who need sharp intermediate vision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.