Effects of anxiety attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had yet another anxiety attack tonight😞 second one this week and I'm physically and mentally DRAINED. Can someone who suffers also with anxiety please comment and share their symptoms of it with me I need a piece of mind😞

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had one just earlier, I had to find someone in my hotel to tell and sit me down for a bit as I was getting pretty bad..

Heart beating extremely fast, very worried, very hot, getting my breath was hard and just felt real bad sad

Hope your ok x

• Posted

Really? I suffer with very bad health anxiety so any bit of pain can trigger my anxiety attacks some worse then others😞 do you get pain with your anxiety or tension or pressure?x
    • Posted

I'm just going through a very rough time at the minute so probably what caused it.

I can get a pain in my chest if I really struggle with my breathing, to the point of feeling like I'm passing out.

Earlier though I just had to sit down as I was extremely tense and shaky and my head hurt from the racing thoughts xxx

• Posted

Hi jake 

I was reading your reply Rachel , and noticed you mentioned you have chest pains . I've never experienced the symptoms you mentioned earlier , until 3 wks ago .

Where I felt shaky , dizzy , dry mouth , scared I was going to die and few hours prior to that I had chest pains , on the left side on upper and under my left breast . It was as though a tension , or pin like scratch ( I can't even describe it exactly ) I usually call it pain . I then went to A&E and they did ECG etc all fine , went to the docs after they did all blood tests all normal also . But the chest pain hast gone away . 

Is it normal for these slight tensions , or muscular spasm ( my doc called it ) in /near the left side of the chest to still be here  a few wks after the attack?? 

I also feel as though it also takes a few days to recover as the heart at the time of an attack had to pump more than normal and it tires it out , I've been feeling weak less energetic and the chest pains have lessened but come and go. Every few hours ? Is this. Normal after math of an attack ??

Pleas advise

Regards 

• Posted

Hey Anna, sorry to hear you are feeling similar.. I know it's tough

Do you mean when you breathe in you get a really sharp pin like feeling in the upper chest area that makes you have to take shallow breaths?

Mines usually just pressure but can hurt if it gets bad and it's around the. Best area.

But yeah it can take a few days to recover, I'm feeling pretty horrible at the minute after earlier and it's normal to feel bad a while after an attack.

Hope you're doing ok x

• Posted

Yeah , it does happen if I take a deep breath in also . If I'm walking , talking , sleeping , watching tele . Yes it's a pin like feeling in upper left side chest . 

Im concerned coz when I had these attacks a few months ago in April this yr ( first time ever , but they were mild Han the recent ones) I dud not have the pains then , so why now ?

Regards anna

• Posted

Anxiety attacks can get worse.

I had a really bad attack a few months back where I was struggling to breathe and i had breathing problems for over a week after.  It was all in my head but i had to get advice from someone as I had been laying down all day as I felt dizzy from not getting enough air. 

I have had the pain you are saying before and it's dreadful, is it like you can take a breathe to a certain point but beyond that the sharp pin like pain kicks in?

• Posted

Yeah to a point  until the chest pains kick in ..........why is that ? 

Why does these attacks bring on the chest pains ?

Yes , same me ..... My recent attack has literally scared the lights out of me .... More so how the Brain can control you and tell your body something that is a total lie and then we get to believe it and start all these crazy things and then the after math... Of coping with it 

I can't believe I have this on top of all other life's stresses and problems ..... You know what Jake I believe the "ppl who worry too much" have these anxiety attacks ...... 

Regards

anna

• Posted

Yeah I wish I could explain why but after this morning I have been so down and almost in tears all day.

Worrying does cause it but it's something people with anxiety can't control, it's horrible and something I don't need on top of depression... X

• Posted

Sorry Jake 

theres me going on and asking you questions ....... I'll let you get some rest and take care , but be STRONG we WILL ALL get through this . See if you can get some sleep. 

Chat when your feeling better 

regards 

Anna

• Posted

No it's fine, I'm here because it's how I deal with how low I'm feeling at the minute.. Talking to others and knowing I'm not alone helps me x
  • Posted

Hi rachel,

I know its difficult but try and calm down. My last one was in june and the incredible pain in my adominal area was intense. I was at deaths door the night before because of my elevated and increasing lactate levels. It was caused by a urine infection. As a result i started with anxiety attacks. Sweating profusely, abdominal pain, hyperventilation, really strong feelings of impending doom, like death is imminent. When you have an anxiety attack your body diverts all its power to priority actions and systems, so the digestive system is not important in an event like this, which is why sometimes you feel sick and are sick...the important thing for yoy is to recognise thst it is your body reacting to a situation that doesnt exist.

• Posted

I suffered from panic attacks for a few years about 9 years ago. Wow, I had to work that out, seems like yesterday. I had a couple of analogies that I used to explain it to people. I felt like chicken licken, like the sky was falling in and I couldn't stop it. It felt like the worst thing in the world was about to happen, a sense of impending terror. I figured this was due to us as humans having a measuring jug that we could fill to the top with stress and pressure but it it overflowed the panic attacks were my body's way of telling me it was too much to handle despite my stubborn way of carrying on regardless of everything I was feeling. That's what strong people do right?? That's what I thought. I would also feel completely drained and numb for quite a few days afterwards, feeling jumpy, having night terrors. 

It was the little things that triggered them not the big picture stuff. It took me a long time to look back and realise that they were a response to me feeling trapped. Trapped in a relationship I didn't feel I could get out of. Trapped in a job I hated. Trapped trying to be someone I wasn't. I changed the little things first, job, friendships etc. then I learnt to love myself and be strong. Then I ended my marriage. 

I had no idea I had the strength to cope with what I've coped with in the last 2 years. Losing a baby, leaving my marriage and a whole heap of stuff I since had to deal with since being on my own. I pinch myself every day to see if it's real, that me, the one who had panic attacks and depression can cope with all these things and be so strong. But I can because I no longer feel trapped. 

I still have the odd flutter which instantly makes me feel on edge and I can't have anything round my neck as the attacks always felt like hands squeezing my neck. 

I hope this helps you in some way. It's a terrible thing that if anyone hasn't experienced they just would not understand. Stay strong, you have strength, don't beat yourself up, give yourself a break, love yourself.

xXx 

• Posted

Thank you so much for all the advice it really means a lot😊 my panick attacks usually happen when I'm alone I don't know why I think it's just something that triggers them is being alone..xx
    • Posted

I hope it helps in some way. The triggers for panic attacks are different for everyone I think. It just must be whatever makes us feel out of control or overwhelms what we are capable of coping with.

I remember just feeling completely helpless with them. And even though there would be some time between each attack, the feeling of terror and dread was always present. 

It still comes out in me in different ways, I'm a germaphobe, some times the force is stronger than others. I'm afraid of lots of things. But they don't control me. 

If I could go back and give myself some advice knowing what I do now I think I'd say look beyond a time from when you have the attacks, talk to people and don't be afraid of being judged - since my attacks I've helped a few friends with anxiety and depression, unfortunately I was the 1st in my family and friends to experience it but be brave enough to talk about it (I don't shout about it on Facebook or anything, I'm still very private and have to have a lot of trust in people I tell). I'd say believe in yourself and just work out ways of bringing the stress levels in your measuring jug down so you can manage them and leave room for unexpected stresses. 

xXx

• Posted

Yeah cus I'm in my last year of school and my attacks do come on quite a lot in class which is very annoying😞 I feel very dizzy lightheaded and get horrible headaches with my anxiety and I hate it😞xxx
    • Posted

It's a really stressful time your last year of school. So many expectations but also soon will be the unknown, college, work etc. I try to think like dr pepper in each situation.

What's the worst that could happen if you didn't get the grade you wanted, get into the college you wanted. Once you develop a coping strategy for the worst case scenarios it should feel more manageable and the worst is rarely what actually happens. There's so many friendship and other people pressures in that year of school too. Just focus on the people who matter and who you can trust. In your future the people that aren't important won't be part of your life, you just have to tolerate them for now.

And give yourself a break, nothing is worth risking your health. Everything is solvable.

xXx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.