Effexor Withdrawal Day One

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been changing medications from Venlafaxine (75mg twice a day) which I’ve been on for 3 years, to Citalopram 20mg. My doctor advised me to take both at full dose for the first 4 days, then only my morning dose for the following 3. Today is the first day on just Citalopram. I am getting side effects that for so long I thought were part of my anxiety and depression. The “brain zaps” & dizziness, distraction, lack of focus. But I only got them at certain times of day, and they’d go away with my next dose, now I’m realising they were withdrawal I’m wondering whether maybe other aspects of what I thought were symptoms were my medication. 

Either way despite the crazy dreams, loss of appetite, brain zaps and dizziness aside I think I’m on a good path. Does anyone have some tips or suggestions? Words of support? Reading other posts is one of the few things stopping me from feeling I’m going crazy! 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Today was day 2 man I was so dizzy today and the weird head zaps see howls good though so far  tomorrow goes anxiety fe
  • Posted

How are you going today ??

I’m Day 3 no drugs and my god I’m dizzy and getting the brain zaps but no anxiety as of yet either. First time in 15 years waking up no anxiety no panic and actually looking forward to the day ahead 

• Posted

Way to go Carl. Its been 3 weeks for me and even though I still get the zaps I feel so much better. Things  do get better with time never meant much before but it sure makes sense to me now. Keep ur best foot forward!!!!!!
  • Posted

Tasmin how’s it all going ?

Side effects ?

Withdrawal??

I’m now 12 days no drugs head zaps and dizziness pretty much gone 

Zero anxiety not shaking anymore or feeling sick either... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.