Effexor XR

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone tried Effexor xr 75 for hot flashes and anxiety? My Dr prescribed it to me today to try to help with some of my peri issues, I didnt want to go on HRT. Please let me know your experience with this!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

is effexor xr also called venlafaxine? - have a look at the packet for me lori. if it is, i can tell you about my experience on it. xx
  • Posted

Lori~  I also took Effexor XR like looloo43 not just regular Effexor
    • Posted

That is what I am taking Effexor XR...how did you do on it? I have only been taking it for three days but my hot flashes have almost completely gone away..and my anxiety is manageable!

• Posted

Hi Lori, apologies for delay in replying due to appointments, illness & generally behind with emails....i took venalafaxine few years ago now. found it great for depression & anxiety, but bizarelly i found the only 2 side effects i got from it were very excessive sweating!!! which is why i say bizarre as your doc told you it helps with peri/meno night sweats & hot flashes! i also got quite a dry mouth with it, so you may find you have to drink more fluids or chew sugar free gum. i was taken off it some years ago by my gp & switched to another ad, as some health scares came up about it & it was withdrawn at the time(must have been made reavailable since) the health scares were that it could cause heart attacks & strokes. i have never gone back on it as the one my gp put me on to replace it i get on fine with (escitalopram 15mg). you can ask your doc if you want re-assurance, but i really dont think they would've brought it back as an available med if they hadn't checked out the safety of the venlafaxine. also as you are clearly getting on well with it so far, it obviously suits you so far. if you have any concerns with what I've said, please ask you doc who may be able to clarify/reassure you. take care, & i hope you continue to progress hun. xxx

• Posted

p.s, forgot to say, another popular ad that is particularly successful for ladies on here & a friend of mine for peri/meno symptoms is fluoxetine. people report it "softens" the symptoms of peri/meno. xxx

• Posted

I tried it and unfortunately no results. May work for others though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.