Eight and a half week post op A&Pa

Posted , 7 users are following.

i thought I would give you all an update I am feeling a lot or better first day out yesterday lasted half hour in a shop then went to see my frend in hospital then drove the car four mile, half hour brake did the shopping with the husband and I am absolutely knackered today, I thought I was easy to conker the world when I set off.☹️

i have also got discomfort on the left about two inches inside the vagina, I don't know wether it is a stich or scar tissue, I am seeing the sergion on Tuesday so I will give you an update then

can anyone tel me will they put a speclam in or just an internal?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Gillian for the first day out you have run a lot of errands... Try to do things little by little...

As for your question, when I see my dr for check my dr always opens my vagina with a device (I don't know it's name) and put a intense light towards the area and introduces the speculum but I think it depends on the dr... Maybe the other girls have different experiences... If you are worried about pain during the check, I didn't have any pain.

BTW feeling some discomfort inside the vagina is quite normal...Hugs honey!!

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

It is exhausting getting out and about for first while.

Matron told me when I had same discomfort on the left side at back that it was from the posterior repair the repair usually lies to the left.

I did not see the hospital till 12 weeks post op, and nothing used, had an internal, not too uncomfortable.

Good to hear you are getting out and about.

Did you hear that Matron is leaving, someone on another forum being nasty! Will miss her care and support. 😕

Hope all goes well at your appointment with surgeon

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Oh no the ladies will miss her love, did you have a dull acking on the left
    • Posted

I think she's already gone Phyl, I clicked on her profile, wanted to send a message, and the page was blank.

So if your still keeping an eye on us matron, a big Thankyou for your help,

wise words, and for all the input in the pinned post, that helped me such a lot, when I was in pain and struggling.x.

• Posted

Gillian, Matron always said that posterior repair always takes longer than the anterior repair to heal!

X☺

• Posted

Yes, and nippy too sometimes. Still sensitive in that area at 15/16 weeks post op.
    • Posted

She has already gone, but still hoping she will change her mind. She is such a lovely lady and had so much experience in urogynocology.

X

• Posted

Are you mad, that was toooo much in a day, not surprised you are knackered.

GENTLY DOES IT.

But seriously, we women don't know how to pace ourselves and think while we're ready and in the frame of mind to go out, what the hell, let's do it all in one day, freedom yaaay!

I'm as guilty as anyone and then the next day wish I hadn't, I'm a week ahead of you, and got cabin fever lol!

I'm sure your discomfort is just a result of too much activity yesterday, take it easy for a couple of days-- feet up, as matron would have said.:-)

• Posted

Lol chic just want to be normal again God help th surgeon I have 20 questions for her
  • Posted

PS  surgeon used speculum at my six week check up, didn't hurt, just made me jump, wasn't expecting it!
    • Posted

Yes I am too, and sore underneath at the back of perineum, stings like mad if I sit down too long.

I Ache at the left side also at the right, but I had laparoscopy as well, so think that's why.

You'll get back to normal, just don't do too much.x

• Posted

Where they make three cuts in your tummy, blow you up with air and in my case removed an ovary and the tube, did at the same time as posterior repair while I was asleep.Did repair vaginally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.