Eipgastric tenderness wont go away

Posted , 10 users are following.

My doc a few months ago thought I had a stomach ulcer, went on dexilant for a month, helped, but didnt' 100% go away... went to a GI who sent me for a complete abdominal ultrasond...

Aorta - normal

IVC - normal

Pancreas - normal

Liver - Normal

Gallblader - Normal

Kidneys - Normal

also had complete metabolic profiles done twice and came back normal

had Lipase done came back normal

in the past i had a gnawing pain in my stomach that went away with eating, now that is gone but it's still tender when you push right below the middle upper abdomen where the sternum stops... and only at that point

if i bend down i can feel the tenderness or if i streach backwards i also do.

I have a EDG schedules for next week, but what could this be? still an ulcer that hasn't healed? The ulcer was never confirmed, only thought to be by my PCP.. The GI called it stress induced reflux without any real exam... seems like an odd location to be reflux..

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like trapped gas. Drink more and more water and try out garlic and tamarine it's a natural treatment for reflux.

• Posted

went down that road, even the xrays showed no pockets of trapped air... cant' figure it out...

• Posted

You can get chest pain with reflux which can be sore to touch.  I have reflux and IBS.
    • Posted

not having any chest pains, and no real signs of reflux, even being on PPI's changed nothing besides made the gnawing stomach pain go away

• Posted

Sometimes you can get silent reflux without chest pain.  I have had this too. The first sign of it can be a cough and then acid comes up. If the PPI has made your gnawing stomach pain go away, that is at least some progress.

Perhaps ask for an endoscopy which would show whether or not you have an ulcer.

• Posted

Did you have an endoscopy with ultrasound? This should give more clarity to what's going on. What about a cat scan with contrast? Get a doctor that's going to run tests and not just ask you what are your symptoms. Make them work.They are quick to say STRESS because it's easier than doing exams.

• Posted

It could still be a ulcer or gastritis. Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining. Gastritis typically causes pain that occurs before eating and gets better after eating. An endoscopy will tell you if that is what is happening. Good luck and keep us posted
  • Posted

Well the EDG gave a diagnosis of gastritis wihout bleeding and duodeitis without bleeding... apparently the duoeduen is really inflamed.. not sure if i initially had an ulcer not as that started 5 months ago, but this is what is left now apparently...

I've been randomly getting really dizzy, blood pressure is normal when this happens, i saw some articles saying duodenitis can make you dizzy, anyone know why? anything you can do to stop that?

• Posted

Well, EDG (Endoscopy) was done, and I got diagnosed with Duodenitis and Gastritis... put on Omerazaprol 40Mg daily in the morning and Raniditine 150Mg daily at night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.