Ejacualation Changes POST Prostate Artery Embolization

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am about 4 weeks post-PAE and my fellow Patient blogger is 6 weeks post PAE we are noticing changes in ejaculatory force and volume.  Specifically, these have diminished greatly from pre-PAE.  It almost feels like the smooth muscle part of the ejaculation has forgotten how to do it, or is not quite coordinated.  We are not experiencing retrograde ejaculation, but more of a weak force that ends up more like oozing than ejaculating.   We have Wonderful improvements in urine stream, emptying, etc, but surprised about this new change and hoping it is temporary.   We would love to hear from anyone else experiencing this and whether it will improve or not. Please feel free to get others who have had a PAE to discuss their experiences regarding post PAE ejachlation here .

Thanking you for your help

Kind

Regards

Chris

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Chris glad to hear the blood is gone, i know that is a relief. It took mine 3 weeks also to clear up. Hopefully Dr Isaacson is right about your issues and they will clear up. Tomorrow is my 6th month anniversary and he just put me on an entire month of high dose prednisone taper. And said he had did not know if it was a long term solution or not. Hopefully you will have a much better out come than it appears I am going to have.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

• Posted

Yes sir, same here, and  it no longer has a smell. I have no idea how this procedure could change all of that, but apparently there is LOTS that is not understood about it.
    • Posted

Hi Joe ,

How long has it been since your PAE mine has got a little better it's been about 6 weeks waiting for more change ??

Let's just hope it gets better with time

Chris

• Posted

Hey Chris I am 6 months out now as of June 26th.. Still somewhat hoping here, but losing faith lol.
  • Posted

i have same issue 3 months on - is this long term how it will be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.